Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
    my alexa is still not working as of 11:44am EST
    Try restarting HS. I had to do that to get it to start communicating again.

Comment

I wish someone could answer why I could not connect to my HomeSeer's setup tab (and plugin in tab) locally using my LAN IP (entering the local IP of my HomeSeer server directly in a Web Browser) during the time myhs servers were down.

I should be able to just enter the local IP and myhs has noting to do with this connection. It always worked that way. During the time last night until this morning I could not do this...coincidently, during the time myhs was down. I could not even do this when using the browser on the HomeSeer server itself.

As soon as the myhs servers were up, I could connect locally again.

My HomeSeer server has its firewall and antivirus turned off.

Also, I cannot connect with my phone with the HomeSeer app using myhs login option when I'm on WiFi in my home. I have to logout, then connect directly using the IP address.

HSBuddy does not have this issue by the way. I can use myhs credentials and log into HomeSeer using HSBuddy when I'm on WiFi or on Cellular connection.

I understand this may because of my setup, but I would like some guidance on helping to troubleshoot this.

I did all the low hanging fruit (restarted HS, even restored an older backup) to no avail.
      --------------------------------------------------
      **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

I'm quite amazed that the MyHS service continues to have issues like this for all you people that are using it. A while back I posted a suggestion to consider a simple alternative to the MyHS service. Some of you may not have stumbled upon my post yet, so here is the link: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...-myhs-or-a-vpn

Comment

Originally posted by Area_49 View Post
          I'm quite amazed that the MyHS service continues to have issues like this for all you people that are using it. A while back I posted a suggestion to consider a simple alternative to the MyHS service. Some of you may not have stumbled upon my post yet, so here is the link: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...-myhs-or-a-vpn
          Because your post is/was myopic. MyHS isn't just used for customers to access their systems, it's also used for an abstraction layer for third party integrations such as Google and Alexa voice recognition.

Comment

My apologies. I was still under the impression that Homeseer was still a "local first" hub and could 100% be used without any cloud service integration. I admit that I still haven't migrated to HS4, so if I had, I probably would have become aware that this philosophy has changed and HS4 now requires cloud service integration - at least that is my impression based on your response.

Look, I get that integrating voice assistants is a must for any home automation system because that is what most users want. And how to integrate them is a decision that probably is a huge challenge, entailing a bunch of trade-offs. Requiring HS users to have a MyHS cloud account to be able to use their voice assistants appears to be the decision that was made by HS on how to integrate them. I also realize that I am in a minority when it comes to not wanting to use voice assistants nor wanting any part of having a local automation hub that also requires a matching cloud service account.

So thank you for educating me on the direction that HS is going in regards to requiring a cloud service account. This knowledge allows me to reconsider my personal path forward for my home automation needs.

Comment

You're reading more into my post than was written. HS has never 'required' a cloud service account. Ever. But the reality is that accurate and effortless voice to text processing requires a cloud service (Google, AWS or Azure) as of the date of this post. The open-source project Home Assistant is working on changing all that, ie use local processing for voice to text, but realistically that's about a year away to iron out all the bugs and challenges.

So if you don't need Voice recognition then you're perfectly fine with HS.

Comment

The timing of this was superb. I had shut down all of my pc's/NAS/PiHole etc for electrical work being done in the house. When I powered up a few hours later, I had all of the previously mentioned issues so I thought I had really done it this time. Ah well, at least it wasn't ME this time
                Win 11 Pro | HS4 Pro | Z wave plug in with UZB1 | BLUSBUIRT 2.0.11.0 | RFXtrx433 | Blue Iris CCTV | VU+ 4k with motorised dish | Emby | Hi-Phone HS2 | ESP32 with WLED |

Comment

Originally posted by BraveSirRobbin View Post

...Also, I cannot connect with my phone with the HomeSeer app using myhs login option when I'm on WiFi in my home. I have to logout, then connect directly using the IP address...
                  I figured out this issue. I did not have the 'use when local' icon active in the user setup (see below).

Click image for larger version

Name:	user.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	1613650

--------------------------------------------------
                  **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

Working...
                  X