Move HS4 from one Windows computer to another one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Move HS4 from one Windows computer to another one

What is the fastest and easiest way to move HS4 from one Windows machine to another one. Will it work if I copy/paste the whole HS4 folder ?

Original is on Windows 10 and target is Windows 11 more powerful computer.

Thanks

Install a new copy of HS4 (same version and preferably in the same directory as your current installation). Then copy/paste over the entire HS4 folder.
    Jon

Comment

Wouldn't copy/paste overwrite the new copy of HS4.

Comment

Originally posted by puma View Post
        Wouldn't copy/paste overwrite the new copy of HS4.
        That's the whole point. You first do a fresh install so that the HomeSeer installer can make any behind the scenes changes to the OS, such as registry or supporting files (such as frameworks). Then bringing over your existing installation puts everything up to date just the way you had it on the old computer.

Comment

Yes but the initial installation is required as HS sets registry and stuff outside of the HS4 folder.
          Jon

Comment

Got it. Doing it now.

Comment

Done. All devices O. K. All plug-ins O.K.. None of the events is showing. Pls help .

Comment

Guessing you shut down HS4 on the first computer before copying the folder.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

All O.K. now after repeating the whole process. I'm not sure what I did wrong first time. Thank You all for the help.

Comment

Working...
                  X