Z-wave device not in homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-wave device not in homeseer

Is there a way to pull z-wave devices off the controller? Devices already paired but not in homeseer?

Originally posted by spartacus View Post
    Is there a way to pull z-wave devices off the controller? Devices already paired but not in homeseer?
    Sure. If HS4 it is under Z-Wave>Advanced Functions>Create HomeSeer Devices. If under HS3 (or HS4 with legacy plug-in), it is under Controller Management>Import Node Info and from Controller and Scan Devices.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0694.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	1614136

Name:	IMG_0695.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	1614135
    ​For legacy:

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	1614137
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
      Sure. If HS4 it is under Z-Wave>Advanced Functions>Create HomeSeer Devices. If under HS3 (or HS4 with legacy plug-in), it is under Controller Management>Import Node Info and from Controller and Scan Devices.

Name:	IMG_0694.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	1614136

Name:	IMG_0695.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	1614135
      ​For legacy:

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	1614137
      Thank you. I discovered that but got some wonky results.
      I wonder if HS will officially support the new Zooz 800 stick.

Comment

Originally posted by spartacus View Post

Thank you. I discovered that but got some wonky results.
        I wonder if HS will officially support the new Zooz 800 stick.
        I don’t know. What wonky results? Normally they will all import as Location 2 “Node xx”, location 1 “Z-Wave” and named as the manufacturer’s device. Sometimes the import won’t successfully interrogate the node, resulting of a device name of “Sigma”, with no features. Sometimes all the features will not be created. In either case, test the connectivity, full optimize and rescan. Those steps should get the routing correct and will create any missing features.

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
          I don’t know. What wonky results? Normally they will all import as Location 2 “Node xx”, location 1 “Z-Wave” and named as the manufacturer’s device. Sometimes the import won’t successfully interrogate the node, resulting of a device name of “Sigma”, with no features. Sometimes all the features will not be created. In either case, test the connectivity, full optimize and rescan. Those steps should get the routing correct and will create any missing features.
          Child devices missing. Some devices won't respond. A device (I believe a lock) wouldn't enroll, getting a message "it may be too old or something like that". The lock enrolls OK directly into HS. Not sure if it's an S2, or lack thereof, issue or a controller issue.

Comment

Working...
          X