Scenes in HS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scenes in HS4

I still in the learning stage for HS4. I have arrived at the point where I am starting to migrate my z-wave lighting modules into the HS4 environment. Many of the lights are on a schedule, but in my old system I used a few scenes to control shutdown at the end of the day.

So, I started to explore using scenes in HS4 and I quickly got stumped. Are z-wave scenes only possible with scene controller devices like the ZEN32 or can I create a scene from a collection of individual z-wave devices? I looked for a newbie guide for scenes in HS4 and kept coming up empty.

Any guidance will be appreciated.

Originally posted by ClayMaster View Post
    I still in the learning stage for HS4. I have arrived at the point where I am starting to migrate my z-wave lighting modules into the HS4 environment. Many of the lights are on a schedule, but in my old system I used a few scenes to control shutdown at the end of the day.

So, I started to explore using scenes in HS4 and I quickly got stumped. Are z-wave scenes only possible with scene controller devices like the ZEN32 or can I create a scene from a collection of individual z-wave devices? I looked for a newbie guide for scenes in HS4 and kept coming up empty.

Any guidance will be appreciated.
    The ZEN32 is a device you can use to trigger different scenes with any of the buttons but just about anything can be a trigger (ex. Motion Sensors, door sensors etc.). If you are new to HS, I would suggest reading through the Event Clinic section of the Homeseer Forum, it will give you a really great start in learning how to setup events in HS. The only downside, I think all of the screenshots are in HS3 event style, but it will give you a good understanding of the event engine. There have been some great new features added to events, but start there first and then add more complexity as you grow.

If you have a specific scene/automation that you are trying to accomplish, just post a good description of what you would like to do and there is a ton of people here with experience to guide you through it.

Just thought of something else, start with a google search of what you are trying to do as well (ex. Homeseer scenes).

Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

The event clinic forum The Profit mentioned is here https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...t-clinic-forum I don't use scenes, probably because most of my z-wave devices don't support them. I do everything through events. HS is missing a lot of stuff that I consider basic for events (in particular because HS is a lot about controlling/events). So I would recommend investing into buying the EasyTrigger plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
        The event clinic forum The Profit mentioned is here https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...t-clinic-forum I don't use scenes, probably because most of my z-wave devices don't support them. I do everything through events. HS is missing a lot of stuff that I consider basic for events (in particular because HS is a lot about controlling/events). So I would recommend investing into buying the EasyTrigger plugin.
        mulu Thank you for the link. I spent some time reading through event clinic forum over the last day.

i also found a discussion this evening, that scenes in z-wave HS4 have been depreciated. I found an HS4 event z-wave action to activate a scene, but I have found no tools to create the scenes. The implication was that it was removed due to the z-wave scene deprecation. I suspect I could try removing HS4 Z-wave and temporarily install HS3 Z-wave and see what was available on the old z-wave. Perhaps if I get really curious.

I agree events can probably mimic all the scene behavior that I will need… and I will probably get to that point within the week and simply set them up that way as a default.

I have discovered EasyTrigger… it is a great tool and I have been using it since I wrote my first few events. The EasyTrigger Grouping option should allow easy all on or all off, but where scenes can be cool is their ability to individually control the settings for each device in the scene.

There is also a HS3 scene controller add-in. The author indicated it should work in HS4, but the interface panels might look a little strange. I have not tried it yet. Until I can experience higher demand for the scene function, the price may not be justified.

Comment

ClayMaster Also take a look at virtual devices and how they can be used to trigger events. I have several virtual devices for room "modes" and I trigger events when a mode device is set to a certain mode value. This in combination with EasyTrigger can greatly simplify you setup and therefore the maintenance needed.
          "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Working...
          X