Lost all events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost all events

I spend 6 months in 2 different homes and have Homeseer in both homes. I just returned to the one home and all the events were deleted. PITA to recreate but also want to make sure it doesn't happen again. Suggestions of what may have caused this - or how to recover the events.

This house is the Pi version of HS.

A power outage or power blip is the most likely reason. I'd recommend setting up the auto cloud backup so you can restore if this happens again. A UPS is also good insurance.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

There were a number of power outages so that makes sense. Will the auto cloud backup save the data if the data was lost months ago or will the backup be overwritten?

Comment

I am not sure about the cloud backup but the local backup is limited to 15 days. In my case I set it to 15 days but it's actually backing up just 4 days. So check how many backups it really makes. I would also recommend a backup outside of the built-in backup. Then you can backup as many days as you want.

Comment

Working...
        X