Error Incorrect trigger date/time format in event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error Incorrect trigger date/time format in event

I'm getting these Warnings in the log...
    HomeSeer
    Warning
    Incorrect trigger date/time format in event Val=1/1/0001 12:00:00 AM: By Time Evening lights The event group is "By Time" and the event is "Evening lights"

The trigger in question is straightforward, if not a little odd. It's 1/2 hour before Sunset - as a SECURITY time (with 1/2 hour offset).
    It reads: WHEN The time is 30m, 0s before sunset. (7:44:15 PM(S))

Sunset is ~ 8:15 so "security sunset" would be +- 30 min or 7:45-8:45, so today I want the event triggered at 7:14 pm (security minus 30).
    Or any time from 7:14-8:15 is acceptable (based on security randomness).

The event triggers as expected. The error message is unexpected. And I don't think it has anything to do with 12:00:00 AM anyway.

Any thoughts?

Joe H
    ​HS4 Standard 4.2.18.3, Windows 10

Curious, do you get the same error if you change it to 31 minutes before?

Comment

Thanks

Yes. I do.

And the error appears not when the event triggers - but when I edit the event. I just changed the event (of course it will be tonight before it triggers), but NOW the logs has:
      5/19/2023 9:39:00 AM

HomeSeer
      Warning
      Incorrect trigger date/time format in event Val=1/1/0001 12:00:00 AM: By Time Evening lights
      5/19/2023 9:38:48 AM

HomeSeer
      Warning
      Incorrect trigger date/time format in event Val=1/1/0001 12:00:00 AM: By Time Evening lights

​The error appears twice (maybe once when I open for edit and once when I change it?
      More a curiosity.
      Event now has WHEN The time is 31m, 0s before sunset. (7:43:15 PM (S)). So it should trigger 7:13 instead of 7:14 (since we changed -30 to -31, this is correct).

Joe H

Comment

Interesting.
        My only other thought would be to leave that event as-is, and create another one from scratch with the same trigger, conditions, and actions.

Comment

I haven't seen this myself, but it looks like a programming error in HS3/4.
          It looks like what's happening is when you open the event editor, HS creates a new DateTime object without initializing it with a value, which defaults to DateTime.MinValue, which is "1/1/0001 12:00:00 AM." That is a valid DateTime value, so maybe they tried to format it as a string, and something went wrong with the formatting, or they forgot the double quotes around it? I can't debug it, so there's no way of knowing exactly what's happening.

If your event is behaving as expected, I wouldn't be concerned. I don't like to see warnings or errors in my system, but if it's harmless and out of my control, I try to ignore it even though it will alway annoy me that it exists.

Comment

Working...
          X