Automated Curtains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automated Curtains

Is there a consensus on the best option right now for curtains? I'm looking for something hopefully with both Z-wave and manual control. It seems like the Zemismart is a very good choice, but they only come in 110v input from what I can see. Seems like unless you had a plug near the top of each window and door, you would see the power cord. This would be a cardinal sin with the wife. Does anyone make a remotely powered solution? We have the bali shades, and I ran a 16/2 to each window and am powering them remotely.

If you have the Zemismart, are you happy with them? Any complaints?

Thanks!

Are you wanting to automate curtains or blinds? Either way I use Switch bot blind controllers and really like them.
    https://us.switch-bot.com/
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Curtains. As in you draw them from side to side

I like the easy of install with switchbot, but I hate changing batteries. I am looking for a hardwired system.

Comment

I've used switchbot for a couple of years and they've been great. Battery operated but last a long time. I have them in my living room window to close the curtains automatically so our grand piano doesn't get the full sun on it. Depending on the luminance and weather they dance quite a bit each day.
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Not sure of any options for curtains, although you said Bali shades, but just because it has batteries doesn't mean you have to use the batteries.
          You have the wires run already, so if you're handy, you can add a connector to the controller and connect it to the battery terminals, then to the 16/2.
          I've done that for blinds and locks in the past. I hate batteries too.

Comment

Originally posted by Demusman View Post
            Not sure of any options for curtains, although you said Bali shades, but just because it has batteries doesn't mean you have to use the batteries.
            You have the wires run already, so if you're handy, you can add a connector to the controller and connect it to the battery terminals, then to the 16/2.
            I've done that for blinds and locks in the past. I hate batteries too.
            Good, idea. I will do that.

Comment

Working...
            X