Momentary toggle of relay. On then off in less than a second

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Momentary toggle of relay. On then off in less than a second

I can easily toggle a relay, or Fibaro implant with an event to come on for 1 second then off again. But I want to toggle the relay for much less. Anywhere between 200 and 500ms.

How do I do this. Everything in Homeseer only allows for 1 second as a minimum.

Thanks in advance.

Try a script like this between your actions, you can use decimals of seconds:Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	138
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	1616532

Comment

Consider using a relay module that can "pulse" the relay and has a programmable pulse width.
      "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Just curious what application (use case) requires triggering relay for fraction of a second. Relays are slow by nature and timing can be unreliable in the ms range as it takes about 50 ms to activate and that will vary. Furthermore the electro/mechanical contacts will produce jitters that are not good if you use the relay to drive high speed circuits.

Comment

It is for an automated gate.

It worked by just turning it on, then off again in the event, without delay.

My garage door didn't like this, it was intermittent. Put a 1 second delay before the off using the UI options and the door is now functioning too.

Comment

Some modern garage door openers have parasitic power on their control line so that can get tricky. The Liftmaster I have has 48VDC on the control wire to power remote wall control panels. For this, I left that line alone and just soldered a relay across the button on the remote itself. The button is "edge triggered" so it doesn't matter if you press and hold or press and release, it only sends the signal once.
            "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Originally posted by ausip View Post
              It is for an automated gate.

It worked by just turning it on, then off again in the event, without delay.

My garage door didn't like this, it was intermittent. Put a 1 second delay before the off using the UI options and the door is now functioning too.
              I'm using an X10 module to momentary contact close for my automated gate, but it's X10!

Comment

Working...
              X