Save HS4 Camera Screen Captures To Another Folder Or NASS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Save HS4 Camera Screen Captures To Another Folder Or NASS

I've searched all over the forums to find a way to save my camera screen captures to my NASS but I can't find anything in the forums about it. I'm running HS4 on Windows 11 and I have no problem saving camera captures now locally (html/captures) but it would be great if I could save them on my NASS where my other camera recordings/pics are located. Is there a way to do it?

Bump the last post. I'm sure there is a way or should be. Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Bigstevep View Post
      Bump the last post. I'm sure there is a way or should be. Anyone?
      Some info on your hardware/software would be helpful. Hardware type, Linux, Windows, etc

Comment

If HS4 doesn't allow that configuration (I don't think it does), you could use something like https://freefilesync.org/ to automatically copy them from the default location.
        -Wade

Comment

Bigstevep try creating a Symbolic link to your NAS. That is how I handle my RING videos that got saved to my HS4 folder. They now link to, and are saved/stored on my NAS.

HTML Code:
          https://www.howtogeek.com/16226/complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symlinks-on-windows-or-linux/
          I just noticed my html/captures folder had over 75GB of videos and Json files so I just created a symlink to my NAS. Here are a few steps to create that I have learned with google searches and trial and error.

1. Create a folder on your NAS and name it whatever you like. I used \HS4\video-storage for the following example.
          2. Copy your existing \html\captures files to your NAS manually
          3. Delete the \html\captures folder
          4. Run a Windows CMD prompt as Administrator
          5. Use the following line at CMD prompt (if you use c:\Program Files\HS4) : mklink /D "C:\Program Files (x86)\Homeseer HS4\html\captures" "E:\HS4\video-storage"
          6. HS4 will now save your videos in the newly created NAS target drive. You will notice a new \html\captures folder will be created with a link to your NAS. There will be filenames in there but names only.

Credit goes to windracer for turning me onto this.

One thing to keep in mind though ... since the link you create is transparent, if you make a full backup copy of your HomeSeer folder on C:\ it's going to include all of the "linked" videos and Json files from your NAS as if they were local to that folder. So you may need to exclude those folders from backups if you are already backing up your NAS.

Comment

Thanks will40! I'll give it a go tomorrow. Got basketball and hocky to watch tonight!

Comment

Working...
            X