Best way to send TCP messages for Hunter Douglas platinum blinds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to send TCP messages for Hunter Douglas platinum blinds

I've had some older Hunter Douglas platinum motorized blinds for a while and could never get them integrated into HS. I came across a post on how to integrate the remote while in the arduino forum trying to learn about NodeMCU devices. I tried it out and got it to work. It has an ESP8266 WiFi device to accept the commands then send them to the blinds using an RF transceiver. At this point I can move them up and down with a Serial or TCP command but I'm not really sure how to integrate that into HS4. Can someone point me to the correct plugin or a way to send the commands from an event using a virtual device?

This is the post that has the build info.

https://forum.arduino.cc/t/esp8266-a...-remote/918887

Here is some info from the Arduino Sketch

This sketch is derivied from 'gpduino's PacketDissector.ino work, but targets the older HD 'Platinum' remote and runs on a
    Node MCU baord to enable WiFi connectivity for remote commanding.
    This sketch emulates the HunterDouglas Platinum RF remote control (2984495100) using an NodeMCU 1.0 (ESP-12E Module)
    ESP8266 controller and an nRF24l01+ radio module. The NodeMCU runs the code. Its integrated radio is configured as a WiFi server
    to receive text commanding strings from a home automation system over a wireless TCP/IP connection. The NodeMCU
    configures the nRF24l01 radio (RF24) and reformats the text commanding information into HD formatted data packets. These are
    sent to the nRF24 radio on the external SPI bus for RF transmission to the blinds.
    Commands can be entered at the IDE Serial Monitor or from a TCP/IP client over WiFi.
    Commands include:
    listen - put the nRF24lo1+ radio in receive promiscuous mode for 5 seconds to uncover the actual remote's unique ID parameters.
    1u = transmit a shade Group 1 'up' command, 2d = transmit a shade Group 2 'down' command, etc

Wiring:
    8266 Pin nrf24l01 Pin
    -------- ------------
    3V3 (3.3V) -----> VCC
    GND ------------> GND
    D7 (HMOSI) -----> MOSI
    D6 (HMISO) -----> MISO
    D5 (HSCLK) -----> SCK
    D4 (GPIO2) -----> CE
    D2 (GPIO4) -----> CNS​

Try Big6 plug-in. It manages TCP very well both outgoing and incoming. Big6 can be configured to act as TCP client or TCP server. Also it can be configured to hold the TCP connection “persistent “ mode if needed.

Comment

Take a look at Node-RED. Both serial and TCP control are fairly straight forward in NR. It seems like talking to the ESP8266 over WiFi would be the most flexible.
      "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

I loaded Big6 a couple of months ago but ended up using a different method to get what I needed. No time like the present to give it a try. I'll let you know how it works out. (and will probably ask a bunch of questions)

Comment

Working...
        X