New SwitchBot plugin - using latest SwitchBot API V1.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New SwitchBot plugin - using latest SwitchBot API V1.1

Note: The plugin is officially released and the new forum is created, please move the discussion there.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...a/ak-switchbot
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...chbot-api-v1-1

I created a first cut AKSwitchBot plugin, with very limited functionality. It should recognise all SwitchBot devices and show Battery info for them.

Only fully implemented "SwitchBot Thermometer And Hydrometer".

Please try and see if your devices are recognised, and let me know what devices I should implement (in priority order).

Note: the plugin is in BETA - enable "Show Beta Plugins".

Once the plugin is released - I will have a dedicated forum, but for now:
    1. Download the SwitchBot app on App Store or Google Play Store
    2. Register a SwitchBot account and log in into your account
    3. Generate an Open Token within the app
      a) Go to Profile > Preference
      b) Tap App Version 10 times. Developer Options will show up
      c) Tap Developer Options
      d) Tap Get Token

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	34.1 KB ID:	1619691

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	63.9 KB ID:	1619684

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	24.1 KB ID:	1619685

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	130.7 KB ID:	1619686​​​

BETA 4.0.0.1 - Implemented Bot device
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	275
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	1619822 Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	8.8 KB ID:	1619821
    ​​

Comment

Just in time for Amazon Deal of the Day on Switch-bot...

Comment

I'm thinking of investing in some SwitchBot blind controllers, is the API accessed locally via the SwitchBot Hub Mini, or does it have to talk to the cloud/Internet?

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post
          I'm thinking of investing in some SwitchBot blind controllers, is the API accessed locally via the SwitchBot Hub Mini, or does it have to talk to the cloud/Internet?
          Currently it's using the official API - which is cloud.

The devices can be also controlled locally (unofficially) using Bluetooth, I can add this later if there's sufficient interest.

Comment

I would get the hub. I've had mine for almost 2 years.
            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
              Is it the Hub Mini or the new Hub2?

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                What do you mean exactly? Just use the hub and bypass HS or use them together?
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post

What do you mean exactly? Just use the hub and bypass HS or use them together?
                  To the best of my research, a SwitchBot Hub is required to talk to individual devices. Any HS integration would require talking to the SwitchBot API (cloud) which then talks to the hub, which then talks to individual devices. If there's a way to talk to the devices directly I would love to hear about it...

Comment

Is it the Hub Mini or the new Hub2?
                    To the best of my research, a SwitchBot Hub is required to talk to individual devices. Any HS integration would require talking to the SwitchBot API (cloud) which then talks to the hub, which then talks to individual devices. If there's a way to talk to the devices directly I would love to hear about it...
                    Hub2 is better as it's latest and has more (i.e. temperature, humidity, screen, couple of buttons, etc). But I don't have it yet (I have Mini) and need to add to my plugin.

Regarding "SwitchBot Hub is required to talk to individual devices" - no, there's also local Bluetooth API which doesn't require the hub, but it's less reliable as the distance to devices is lower. And not every PC has Bluetooth. You can have the hub in every room to connect to the devices nearby.

I plan adding the Bluetooth API (later). Not sure how it will work on Linux though. But having both APIs would be nice.

Comment

I did some research on the SwitchBot site and the Internet, it seems that everyone has been asking for a local API to their hubs. It's a shame that they're not presently supplying one.

If some sort of local communications to the devices could be accomplished then I'd be very interested, but for now, I'm going to hold off on investing in their Blind Tilts for now.

Comment

BETA 4.0.0.2 - Added Curtain support (not tested)

Click image for larger version

Views:	246
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	1620049Click image for larger version

Views:	234
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	1620050

Comment

I did some research on the SwitchBot site and the Internet, it seems that everyone has been asking for a local API to their hubs. It's a shame that they're not presently supplying one.
                          If some sort of local communications to the devices could be accomplished then I'd be very interested, but for now, I'm going to hold off on investing in their Blind Tilts for now.
                          As I said, it does have official Bluetooth API https://github.com/OpenWonderLabs/SwitchBotAPI-BLE

Comment

And all Hubs support infrared commands (learning) - so you can control devices using IR, pretty neat.

I will add the "Remote Control" device soon.

Comment

I have the hub mini - before second Gen came out. It has always been my understanding you need it for Api calls. That's why I have it as HS controls my curtains often during any given day with numerous adjustments based on luminance and weather adjustments.
                              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Working...
                              X