Latest HS4 Scripting Documentation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THANK YOU rjh
    "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

The HS3 help files are back online, same URL as before:

https://help.homeseer.com/help/hs3/static/
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
        The HS3 help files are back online, same URL as before:

https://help.homeseer.com/help/hs3/static/
        Really hope you won't do anything like this again. If you start doing things, that force users to buy plugins, upgrades, or to "subscribe" then I'm gone start looking for an other system to use. I'm still using MS Office 2010 for the same reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Im_IB View Post

Really hope you won't do anything like this again. If you start doing things, that force users to buy plugins, upgrades, or to "subscribe" then I'm gone start looking for an other system to use. I'm still using MS Office 2010 for the same reason.
          You mean do something by accident? rjh probably didn't even do it. Please see this post: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...35#post1629335
          "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post
            I think broken links happen periodically and that can be fixed.

Here's what disturbs me:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2023-08-07 at 2.30.58 PM.png Views:	91 Size:	21.7 KB ID:	1628950​

This doesn't look like an accident to me @KiloSeer, but my intension was not to blame neither rjh or someone else in the Homeseer team. I'm just trying to tell them that I'd really dislike it, if they went in the same direction as so many other software companies.
            ​

Comment

Well, I am an honest person, i will never LIE to you guys, please trust me. I was moving data around with some new servers in an effort to improve our service. When I backed up the server to move the data, I did not realize that the help files where in a different folder. I noticed they did not get restored so I mentioned it to the web dev and had him remove the links as they did not work. This was because I could not fix the problem immediately. My intention is not to remove old data from our servers. The updater for HS 1.7 is still working as is the one for HS2! We may drop official support for older products, but we will leave the old data on the servers as long as there is disk space!

I hope this makes sense and I apologize for my screw up. I admit we should have put a note on the page about the broken links. I wasn't sure anyone was actually using those links, hence my delay in getting the content back. Now I know.

Originally posted by Im_IB View Post

This doesn't look like an accident to me @KiloSeer, but my intension was not to blame neither rjh or someone else in the Homeseer team. I'm just trying to tell them that I'd really dislike it, if they went in the same direction as so many other software companies.
              ​

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post

I'm really hoping this is just a mistake and the HS3 help will be restored or merged in the HS4 documentation. For now, since I'm using tenScripting4 and tenSriptAid4, I can at least get methods and syntax by typing "hs." or "hs4." to get context help. If this is not a mistake then the intent could be to discourage scripting in favor of plugin sales revenue.
                You can access the HS3 and HS4 documentation from the help tabs in tenScriptAid and tenScripting
                tenholde

Comment

I've offered to assist HST in bringing the missing scripting sections from HS3 over to the HS4 documentation. Hopefully my work schedule allows me to work no this over the next week or so.

If there's other areas in the docs that need addressed please let me know.

Comment

HS3 Scripting reference is missing again! Does anyone have a current link?

Comment

Originally posted by feman View Post
                      HS3 Scripting reference is missing again! Does anyone have a current link?
                      rjh this appears to be a server configuration issue...
                      HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
                      Home Assistant 2024.3
                      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
                      Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
                      Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
                      WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
                      AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

You can get to the old HS3 help pages from this URL:

SDK:
                        Document Revisions | HelpConsole 7 (homeseer.com)​

HS3:
                        QuickStart | HelpConsole 7 (homeseer.com)​

I will get this links added to our docs site.

Comment

I realize documents have been moved. I needed to look up a function in the HS3 help file.

My Help link in HS3 is dead. I thought no problem I have a copy of the HS3Help.pdf.
                          ​
                          I opened it and it had an index and nothing else. I tcp sniffed it while it opened to see if content was connected. It is.

I inspected the pdf content in FF. I had webfonts off.
                          3.0.0.548: HS3PRO - 3.0.5.10: AIAlert - 2.1.1.0: APIWeather - 2.0.64.0: BLBackup - 2.0.45.0: BLLAN - 2.0.37.0: BLRoombaWifi - 1.0.0.3: DevLog - 1.2.5.15: KeyPad - 3.0.2.25: NetCAM - 0.0.0.52: Pushover 3P - 3.0.0.5: SendVFD - 1.0.0.3: Tiles - 3.0.11.0: Z-Wave

Comment

HS3 Scripting documentation now resides here: https://help.homeseer.com/help/hs3/s...htm#.scripting
                            Jon

Comment

This is what I get with the hs3 helpfile link: https://help.homeseer.com/help/HS3/static/

Click image for larger version

Name:	error.png
Views:	27
Size:	251.4 KB
ID:	1665709​

This link works fine: https://help.homeseer.com/help/hs3/s...htm#.scripting

Name:	error1.png
Views:	28
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	1665710​

If I scroll up to post 17, this link: https://help.homeseer.com/help/hs3/static/​ is the same as my HS3 help link. It fails same as the first image I posted.

If I manually add default.htm​ to the url: https://help.homeseer.com/help/HS3/static/default.htm it works.

Name:	good.png
Views:	28
Size:	302.8 KB
ID:	1665711​

The link in the software I purchased is broken. That's not going to be fixed. It's not likely the help files will be updated anytime.

I don't understand why all static HS3 help files can not be packaged up into proper pdf's so the the users of HS3 software can download a copy.
                              3.0.0.548: HS3PRO - 3.0.5.10: AIAlert - 2.1.1.0: APIWeather - 2.0.64.0: BLBackup - 2.0.45.0: BLLAN - 2.0.37.0: BLRoombaWifi - 1.0.0.3: DevLog - 1.2.5.15: KeyPad - 3.0.2.25: NetCAM - 0.0.0.52: Pushover 3P - 3.0.0.5: SendVFD - 1.0.0.3: Tiles - 3.0.11.0: Z-Wave

Comment

I've had to update the link in tenScriptAid: https://tenholder.net/tenWare2/tenSc...tallation.aspx

tenholde

Comment

Working...
                                X