Zooz Z-Wave Plus Smoke and CO Detector Bridge ZEN55 800LR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zooz Z-Wave Plus Smoke and CO Detector Bridge ZEN55 800LR

Has anyone used the Zooz brand Z-Wave Plus Smoke and CO Detector Bridge, model: ZEN55, 800LR? Looking at the link below it does not mention HomeSeer as a compatible hub. Page notes it's currently a beta release. Hopefully I'm not looking at an old page.
    https://www.thesmartesthouse.com/pro...-signal-sensor

Related question: Is the current Z-Wave Plugin (currently at v4.1.2.1, not the Legacy Z-Wave plugin) work with Long Range (LR) devices such as above or will the Z-Wave Plus Plugin currently being developed be required. https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ress-%E2%96%B6

Originally posted by Z-Man View Post
    Has anyone used the Zooz brand Z-Wave Plus Smoke and CO Detector Bridge, model: ZEN55, 800LR? Looking at the link below it does not mention HomeSeer as a compatible hub. Page notes it's currently a beta release. Hopefully I'm not looking at an old page.

Related question: Is the current Z-Wave Plugin (currently at v4.1.2.1, not the Legacy Z-Wave plugin) work with Long Range (LR) devices such as above or will the Z-Wave Plus Plugin currently being developed be required. https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ress-%E2%96%B6

I've used it and it's quite buggy, compared to other designs I find Z-Wave Plus Smoke better

Comment

Just installed it. Its working as a smoke and CO detector but it is not working as a zwave repeater. Not sure if it's a zoos issue or homeseer.

Comment

Originally posted by herringburden View Post

I've used it and it's quite buggy, compared to other designs I find Z-Wave Plus Smoke better
        Thanks for responding. Anything in particular that was buggy?

Comment

Originally posted by devanb View Post

Just installed it. Its working as a smoke and CO detector but it is not working as a zwave repeater. Not sure if it's a zoos issue or homeseer.
          Thanks for info. So to somewhat answer my own question the existing Z-wave plugin works with LR devices. I don't need LR for my application so not an issue. Also don't need it as a repeater so will like purchase and try. Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for info. So to somewhat answer my own question the existing Z-wave plugin works with LR devices. I don't need LR for my application so not an issue. Also don't need it as a repeater so will like purchase and try. Thanks.
            Yea, after a day, it won't connect to homeseer. I moved my hub right next to it and still no connection.

If I test a smoke detector, however, the Zen55 reports a smoke event and homeseer updates. I do think since it's not reachable when I do a node test, it's screwing up the stability of my entire network.

I put in a ticket with homeseer.

Comment

Did you change all your smoke detectors to the Z-wave plus smoke? The Zen55, if configured correctly, would sent status updates from all the interconnected (non smart) detectors.

Comment

Yea, after a day, it won't connect to homeseer. I moved my hub right next to it and still no connection.

If I test a smoke detector, however, the Zen55 reports a smoke event and homeseer updates. I do think since it's not reachable when I do a node test, it's screwing up the stability of my entire network.

I put in a ticket with homeseer.
                devanb,
                This device, a ZEN55 Bridge, goes inside a box, just make sure it's not a metal box. Also you could check the signal quality using HomeSeer's Z-Seer+ software diagnostic tool to confirm QoS. Just a thought.

Comment

devanb,

Did you change all your smoke detectors to the Z-wave plus smoke? The Zen55, if configured correctly, would sent status updates from all the interconnected (non smart) detectors.
                  I have about 6 smoke detectors and one or two smoke+CO2 detectors all non-Z-wave, on line voltage and interconnected together via 3rd AC wire using 14-3, so I would only need to install one bridge for everything. Just tie the bridge into that 3rd wire.

Comment

devanb,
                    This device, a ZEN55 Bridge, goes inside a box, just make sure it's not a metal box. Also you could check the signal quality using HomeSeer's Z-Seer+ software diagnostic tool to confirm QoS. Just a thought.
                    Well, I went out to lunch and when I came back it was connected. No other changes.

As for z-seer, here is the info. I could not find a "QoS" field.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-02-27 133530.png
Views:	94
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	1658250

Comment

devanb,
                      Sorry. It's been awhile since I used it. It doesn't give a QoS number, but shows how many nodes there are back to your hub and which devices are the repeaters. It does give color codes after running a test indicating quality. You can also reroute if too many nodes are used (I think the limits to 4 or 5). It can also tell you if its using a route that would not work well due to path loss or blockage. etc. So in a way, it gives you insight into why QoS might be poor or good. I mainly used the node map to determine nodes & repeaters and rerouted some devices. Using the tool I quickly could see that my Leviton dimmers and switches that are in ganged boxes where other devices are on each side had a poorer signal. Knowing where the antenna is on a device and then using a repeater that is better situated for that first link back from the device really helped. Your mileage may vary.

Comment

devanb,
                        Sorry. It's been awhile since I used it. It doesn't give a QoS number, but shows how many nodes there are back to your hub and which devices are the repeaters. It does give color codes after running a test indicating quality. You can also reroute if too many nodes are used (I think the limits to 4 or 5). It can also tell you if its using a route that would not work well due to path loss or blockage. etc. So in a way, it gives you insight into why QoS might be poor or good. I mainly used the node map to determine nodes & repeaters and rerouted some devices. Using the tool I quickly could see that my Leviton dimmers and switches that are in ganged boxes where other devices are on each side had a poorer signal. Knowing where the antenna is on a device and then using a repeater that is better situated for that first link back from the device really helped. Your mileage may vary.
                        Those are helpful tips. The box is not metal so that's one thing. When the device was included, it found 10 neighbors, so that's the other thing. Now maybe one of it's neighbors is wonky but I have yet to find the culprit, if that is indeed the issue.

Honestly Z-wave networking troubleshooting has taken too many days of my life so far...

Comment

I was just looking at this last night. My house is already wired-up with Kidde interconnected alarms. I rather trust a name brand like Kidde or First Alert than replace with some off-brand smoke alarms that have Z-Wave built in.

compared to other designs I find Z-Wave Plus Smoke better
                          What is the Z-Wave Plus Smoke you're referring to? Do you have a link?

Comment

FYI, I installed the Zen55 and it connected to Homeseer w/o issue. Works great. I set it up to push notify my phone.

Comment

FYI, I installed the ZEN55 w/o issues other than operator error.

For those having issues with the unit showing offline or becoming unresponsive, update the firmware (FW). My unit shipped with FW v1.20. Props to Zooz for providing updated FW for their devices unlike a lot of manufactures. They have updated the FW to v1.30 and it addresses the issue described above. I used the FW update feature in HS to perform the update. FW is available here:​
                              https://www.support.getzooz.com/kb/a...irmware-files/

Comment

Working...
                              X