Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Zwave devices are scattered and broken apart in UI

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Help Zwave devices are scattered and broken apart in UI

    I was running the Z-Wave beta and have since moved back to 4.1.2.1. I did not notice this for some time, but the beta Z-Wave plugin changed and duplicated devices on the HS4 Devices page. I only discovered this after some Events did not trigger as expected. Now, My issue is I am too far down the path to restore and need to fix the Z-Wave configuration.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-01-30 095114.png
Views:	165
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	1653644
    Here is one example. I cannot remove devices 2442 or 2402 as the device 506 will not work. As you can see, they all have the same Z-Wave device address on the right. In another example, I have IR Security Entry Control devices not linked to my door locks; without these, the door lock status does not update. I would prefer not to remove and re-add all my Z-Wave devices, but this is now out of control, and I am looking for a way to fix this without needing to restore or remove all devices. I am open to modifying Z-Wave configs if this is even possible.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	2024-01-30_09-58-30.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	1653645

    I might have 50 devices connected and, with the other plugins, upwards of 200 max entries on the devices page, but I show a total now of 808, and I know I am taking a performance hit until I get this cleaned up.

    Thanks!

    #2
    I went through similar misery, not sure of the source of the trouble but I slowly got it under control.

    First, back the zwave database, then rather than remove 2442 and 2402, simply click on the root, then delete them. Keep doing that with other rogue devices.

    Make backups along the way of the z-wave database. On occasion when adding a new device some of these might come back, but simply delete them.

    It worked for me.

    Comment


      #3
      Thanks, racerfern. I think my issue here is they are all root devices. 2442 and 2402 are the only objects associated with the root. When I remove them, devices stop functioning and rebuilding the DB added them all back in.

      Comment


        #4
        Mine appeared as root devices as well. But one of the "real" devices doesn't appear as a root. Weird.

        I would backup the z-wave database, delete the rogue roots, exclude the real devices, make another backup and then restore the z-wave database. Maybe... but this might be tougher than what I had.

        Comment


          #5
          I figured out what was happening. HS4 Zwave plugin was creating additional root devices with no child devices when I ran the advanced function to create missing Zwave devices.

          Device 1526 is the main device, but after I ran, I created missing Zwave devices from the HS Zwave plugin. This function created device 2719 and now device 1526 will not function without 2719. When I remove 2719, The Zwave tab on 1526 says the Parent device does not exist. Feels this is a bug or corruption in the HS database somewhere.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	78
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	1656370‚Äč

          Comment


            #6
            I had the same as you except that I was able to delete your IP Camera in HS Web Page Do not remove the device, simply delete it with the red radio button at the bottom. You get there by clicking on the root of the device.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 02-15-24 at 01.21 PM.png
Views:	59
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	1656395

            Comment


              #7
              Thanks racerfern. It's strange for sure. The only way I was able to resolve this is to remove and re-add the device back to HomeSeer. Painful but at least it makes it all work again.

              Comment

              Working...
              X