2024 remote controls for HS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2024 remote controls for HS4

We like remote controls with only a few buttons on them. For years we have been using the four button Z-wave minimotes, which gives us short press, long press and double press for each button. The batteries are on there way out now. I know I can get some batteries from Ebay, but I actually need more remotes for a different room as well.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	217
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	1654275
    What is the 2024 equivalent for the minimote ? I have Z-wave and Zigbee networks, and am happy to take the next step to Matter if required.

Thoughts ?​
    Win 11 Pro | HS4 Pro | Z wave plug in with UZB1 | BLUSBUIRT 2.0.11.0 | RFXtrx433 | Blue Iris CCTV | VU+ 4k with motorised dish | Emby | Hi-Phone HS2 | ESP32 with WLED |

I have 5 of the Remotec ZRC-90 remotes. They offer 24 functions and have been very reliable here.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	223.5 KB ID:	1654280

I have several Hank remotes which are very handy, but it appears they are no longer available.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	13.5 KB ID:	1654281

Fibaro makes a key fob remote.

Views:	193
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	1654284

Aeotec makes the WallMote

Views:	193
Size:	157.2 KB
ID:	1654285
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Vesternet offers several remotes in both Z-wave and Zigbee, sometimes in identical physical forms.

Z-Wave - Remote Controllers – Vesternet

Comment

I like the Aqara opple for zigbee. Can't comment on range since it's very close to my Conbee, so it always works. Maybe not shaped the way you want.

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post
          Vesternet offers several remotes in both Z-wave and Zigbee, sometimes in identical physical forms.

Z-Wave - Remote Controllers – Vesternet
          The only remote they offer in US frequencies is the Remotec.

Comment

I have multiple LoraTap 4 button Zigbee remotes.

Click image for larger version  Name:	268cc6a3f2.jpg.640x640.jpg Views:	0 Size:	38.4 KB ID:	1654292

Range is fine, as the LoraTap remotes don't have to connect to the Conbee directly.
            The LoraTap remotes can also connect through other Zigbee devices in the mesh.

Battery usage is also good. My LoraTap remotes don't suffer from battery drain.
            (Which was a real problem with these Moes remotes, which I replaced with LoraTaps because of that).

The LoraTap remotes are used with the JowiHue plugin, and support short press, double press, long press, etc.

Different type/models are available.

Comment

I love the Remotec ZRC-90 remotes but they are getting scarce. I see Aliexpress has them in stock for about $57 with shipping. US frequency.

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
                The only remote they offer in US frequencies is the Remotec.
                True, but the OP is in the UK, so he should be able to use any of them since Vesternet is an EU based firm.

And what's great about Zigbee (if one decides to go down that route) is that the frequency is universal.

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post

True, but the OP is in the UK.
                  Oops. I should have noticed.

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
                    Oops. I should have noticed.
                    Been there, done that, I have too many of the t-shirts

Comment

They also have them in EU frequency
                      https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...apt=4itemAdapt

Comment

Thanks everybody. Out of those, I like the look of the Loratap 4 button devices, as they are of a similar size and functionality to the old Minimotes. I think a couple of these Tuya Zigbee remotes may help too https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0CFVHGD7B

Time for some research
                        Win 11 Pro | HS4 Pro | Z wave plug in with UZB1 | BLUSBUIRT 2.0.11.0 | RFXtrx433 | Blue Iris CCTV | VU+ 4k with motorised dish | Emby | Hi-Phone HS2 | ESP32 with WLED |

Comment

J​ust an FYI, the Tuya zigbee remotes are super inexpensive on AliExpress. I might pick up a few just to play with them:

SMATRUL Tuya ZigBee Wireless Smart Home Scene Switch Light 4 Gang 12 Scene Touch Light Switch Remote Control Smart Life App (aliexpress.us)

Comment

Well spotted, but I note that link shows "1 pieces at most per customer"

I would have had four at that price !

Comment

Originally posted by Traction Tim View Post
                              Well spotted, but I note that link shows "1 pieces at most per customer"

I would have had four at that price !
                              See, the thing about AliExpress is that multiple companies are selling the same exact OEM product... so here is another seller that doesn't limit the quantity:
                              Tuya ZigBee Wireless Smart Home Scene Switch 2.5 HD Curved Glass Smart Life App Remote Control Works With Aleax Google Home - AliExpress

Enjoy

Comment

Working...
                              X