HomeSeer Shutting Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeSeer Shutting Down

A while back HomeSeer would shut down for no reason and not start backup. I am running HS4 on a Windows 10 laptop. I installed some software that monitors HomeSeer. If HS4 shuts down this software starts HS4 back up. I have had this setup for a couple years now working fine. This evening HS4 shut down then restarted. Two minutes later it shutdown again the restarted. It keeps doing this in shutdown and restart loop. HS4 will not stay running for more than 2 minutes then shuts down. In the log it says Request from UI to shutdown. I had to shut down my laptop.

Any ideas what could cause this?

Thanks
    Jim

Sounds like HSSentry (HS watchdog program) is restarting Homeseer because it cannot access its web server. It uses this to check if Homeseer is running and contactable. Have you made any changes to the IP Binding in Settings for example?

Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
      Sounds like HSSentry (HS watchdog program) is restarting Homeseer because it cannot access its web server. It uses this to check if Homeseer is running and contactable. Have you made any changes to the IP Binding in Settings for example?
      No changes to the IP binding. Just all of a sudden it started restarting. I unchecked HSSentry about 30 minutes ago, so far no restarts. It did do this once before last year but the next day it stopped on it's own so I never figured out what was wrong.

Jim

Comment

Are there any clues in the Windows event viewer?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          Are there any clues in the Windows event viewer?
          Never used Event Viewer. Wouldn't know where to find it.

Jim

Comment

Here is some info: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sh...e/event-viewer

That is the most often offered diagnostic tool, but honestly, I have never found an explanation for the shutdown problem (HS3 & HS4) in the viewer. Still, it should be checked.
            HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
            Home Assistant 2024.3
            Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
            Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
            Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
            WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
            AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Try Windows Reliability History.

To see reliability history in Windows, you can12:
              • Press Windows Key + S and enter reliability. Select View reliability history from the menu. Or, use Run dialog and enter perfmon /rel.
              • Launch the Start menu and open Control Panel. Click on Security and Maintenance. Expand the Maintenance section and click the View reliability history link.
              • Reliability history will show the system stability and the events that affect it. You can click on View all problem reports to see the details of the problems.

Comment

Once I unchecked HSSentry the restart loop stopped.

Comment

Ugh... same here. I noticed that some of my events were not being triggered, so I logged onto my hs4 machine to see what was going on. Chrome was open with hundreds of tabs for homeseer. I had hs sentry enabled and also the option to open a browser at startup. It was opening a new tab each time it restarted. Once I disabled sentry, this restart loop ended. But now, I have a problem if there is actually a crash.

Comment

Originally posted by mgonsalves View Post
                    Ugh... same here. I noticed that some of my events were not being triggered, so I logged onto my hs4 machine to see what was going on. Chrome was open with hundreds of tabs for homeseer. I had hs sentry enabled and also the option to open a browser at startup. It was opening a new tab each time it restarted. Once I disabled sentry, this restart loop ended. But now, I have a problem if there is actually a crash.
                    I run HS4 on Windows. I use Kiwi Application Monitor. If HomeSeer shuts down Kiwi will restart HomeSeer.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                    X