Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alternative to IFTT to reveive notifications, now that webhooks needs a pro account ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternative to IFTT to reveive notifications, now that webhooks needs a pro account ?

Hi all,
    I used to have IFTT webhooks and JSON to update a HS device.
    This was nice to transmit to HS any notification on my phone, and it only took one free applet in IFTT.
    It was also useful for devices that can notify a phone but do not have a public API to notify to anything else.(In my case Petkit automatic cat feeder)​.
    Starting February 15th, 2024, IFTT webhooks Applets have been disconnected for free users.

Is there any other way to receive the notifications on my phone in HS4 (or should I upgrade to IFTT pro?)?
    Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

I use Node-RED and the SmartNORA contrib for google assistant integration to push notification to my phone. I use a paid version because I also use it for some Google Assistant voice items. I believe the free version will allow for notifications to your phone. It also allows for a couple google assistant voice items. I think 5 or more requires the paid subscription, which is about $3 USD/month.

One notification I get is for the mailbox. When the system has the mailbox as Empty and the box is opened, I get a notification on my phone that there is mail, with an OK and Retrieved button. OK just closes the notification. Retrieved sends a message back to Node-RED that the mailbox has been emptied. It sets the system's status of the mailbox back to Empty and sends a notification to all the subscribed phones which overwrites the previous notification if it exists and states the mail has been retrieved with an OK button to close the notification. In my flow, no messages are sent once the mailbox Has Mail until the mail is set as Retrieved/Empty.

I am not sure if there is a limit to the number of notifications you can receive on the free plan. I do know that the phone subscribes to notifications and it will get all of them, so you cannot target the phone.
    Karl S
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    1070 Devices
    56 Z-Wave Nodes
    104 Events
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
    Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

HSBuddy can send notifications. It works very well for me.

Comment

Thank you for your answers Kevb and Ksum, but what I am looking for is:

When I get a notification on my phone
        Then send a webhook to HS4, that will change the string of a device, containing the notification text.
        This can be achieved by sending an url:
        https://myhs.homeseer.com/json?user=USER&pass=PASS&request=setdevicestatus&ref=REF&value=VALUE&string={{NotificationMessage}}​

IFTT does this perfectly, but not with the free version since a few days.

I just had a look, but do not think HSBuddy can do such a thing

Comment

Let's back this up a moment, Pierre to the more simple point of what your basic goal is as opposed to how you do it with IFTTT. Do you want to change the HomeSeer device when you get any notification on your phone or just specific notifications, such as from specific things? If the later, there may be other ways to handle this but we would need to know what things you want to receive notifications about. If the former, is this an iPhone or Android? Note that I am not asking if you change the HomeSeer device for any notification now, I am asking if you are interested in a specific subset or all notifications for some sort of automations. Just trying to see if there is a different way to get your final goal from a higher point of view.
          Karl S
          HS4Pro on Windows 10
          1070 Devices
          56 Z-Wave Nodes
          104 Events

Comment

☺My basic goal is to change a HS device when I get a notification on my phone.
            If I want to look for a specific notification I can do it with a HS event, testing the sting of the device:
            Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	127.4 KB ID:	1657397
            Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	42
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	1657399​​

Comment

iPhone or Android? I believe yo may be able to do this with Tasker if using an Android device.
              Karl S
              HS4Pro on Windows 10
              1070 Devices
              56 Z-Wave Nodes
              104 Events

Comment

Working...
              X