Restore HS4 from HTPi to new Win11 PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restore HS4 from HTPi to new Win11 PC

Hometroller Pi has worked well for a while but is getting sluggish so after getting some recommendations on the forum about changing hardware, I went to a BeeLink Mini S12 Pro. After getting Win11 setup I installed the newest HS4 software and got a demo license for testing. The system is now setup and running as a service.

Is there any issue just restoring the Pi version backup onto the Win11 PC? Not being a "linux guy", it concerns me a little.
    I will have to restore the Z-Wave DB onto the Z-Stick on the PC but hopefully that will go smoothly. I think I then have to buy a new license for the PC.

Update: The backup HS4 from the HTPi is not restoring onto the new PC based system. System says it will be restored on restart but it never updates the system. Ticket is created and working with HS Tech to resolve. I anticipate it will be an ID ten T error on my part.

Comment

Update: When restoring from a Pi (Linux) to a PC (Windows) there were some duplicate file names using different case. This works for Linux but not for windows. HS Tech had do resolve some file names in the backup file before it would properly restore.

Comment

Working...
      X