Controller shopping, leaving Vera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controller shopping, leaving Vera

I hope this is the right place for this, I couldn't find a newbie/still shopping related sub-forum.

Currently using an old vera plus and am running into issues with crashing and geofencing on android 14. I think it's just time to move on.

Can I bridge Homeseer to Vera to take advantage of my already established zwave and zigbee networks? Setting up every device again wouldn't be my first choice. It would also save me the need to buy the interfaces until I really decide to commit and migrate everything. I have no problem putting my hands on an old windows PC to test-run the software trial, but need a temporary solution for the radios.

What I’m looking for in a hub or software:
    1.- A native, and intuitive way to use boolean logic in scene automations (If 1 is true and 2 is true, do something, otherwise, if 1 is true and 2 is not, do something else).

2.- Something that just works out of the box. I'm a network admin by trade, so coming home to fight with scripting individual routines and hand building every step is not what I want to do when I get home.

2. Google assistant integration.

2 Mostly local automation. I don’t want my controller to be wholly dependant on an internet connection aside from remote control and geofencing.

3 Simple and effective app control, with geofencing. The standard app and HS4Touch look fun in the marketing, but how does it stack up when it comes to basic day to day use?

Digging further into the weeds of various solutions, it looks like Google assistant integration requires a subscription service for it to work? Is that correct?

Comment

Originally posted by W1ngz View Post
      Digging further into the weeds of various solutions, it looks like Google assistant integration requires a subscription service for it to work? Is that correct?
      Yes that is correct.
      πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...xa-google-iftt

Comment

I came here from Vera 6 years ago, just after Vera's ownership change. I like Homeseer. The event engine is great. Lots of plugins (some free, some paid, many user-written) to access many different types of devices. The plugin/app I use for geolocation is HSBuddy. It is great. I also use Homeseer Mobile to control certain devices. A new policy was introduced requiring a subscription of $4/month or $40/yr for Alexa/Google integration. That fee is to pay for servers and a developer. I plan to pay it- we use Alexa a lot, using node-red can have alexa send voice notifications like "The dryer is finished", etc. I think you can download a 30 free trial of Homeseer. Create some virtual devices and play around with the event engine. There is an event clinic for HS3 which holds up well even though there have been changes to HS4. Hope this helps, and welcome.

Comment

Note that as a result of feedback, the actual fee to access Voice only with MyHS is currently being discussed by HST. They are considering a "Lite" plan which would be Voice only. Many use MyHS for an easy backup of their system as well as access from off their network.
            Karl S
            HS4Pro on Windows 10
            1070 Devices
            56 Z-Wave Nodes
            104 Events
            HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
            Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Thanks. I ultimately decided to go with a hubitat for now.

Comment

Originally posted by W1ngz View Post
                Thanks. I ultimately decided to go with a hubitat for now.
                For my experience, HomeSeer is much powerful than Hubitat. But you will cost more to build a HomeSeer system.

Comment

Originally posted by PFL View Post

For my experience, HomeSeer is much powerful than Hubitat. But you will cost more to build a HomeSeer system.
                  I'm pretty sure there's a free Hubitat plugin so the migration process could be done over time to slowly adsorb the added cost.
                  "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Working...
                  X