One more time HS.KEYS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One more time HS.KEYS

I realize the hs.key subject has been beat to death, but I can not get this thing to fly. I am using (attempting) to use this:
    Code:
    sub main()
    hs.keys "","pstrip",1
    hs.keys "^%L","pstrip",1
    end sub
    to send the CTL ALT L to a program called PowerStrip. I use the program to get my pc DVI PC output to display correctly on my TV (Sony rearprojection LCD). When using the keyboard I do not need to have PStrip in the active window. It does not work so I added the 2 line. Still not getting it?

Larry
    Larry

There are a class of applications that have system-level context. The screen capture programs typically fall into this class. The fallout of this is that keystrokes are not associated with an application. VB AppActivate/SendKeys (hs.Keys) has no way to send a keystroke to the system.

I have heard Girder is designed to work with keyboard actions. This may be an avenue you can pursue. No guarantees. The learning curve for Girder is a little steep, but there many that can help.

Comment

I have Girder 3.3 installed. You are correct about the learning curve. I use is to control PowerDVD with IR. I was fortunate enough to download the command structure. All I have to do was assign the IR events. Works pretty good.

Played with it a pit yesterday trying to the the ctr alt L work, have not had success yet. Still pluggin away.

Larry
      Larry

Comment

Working...
      X