Need Help with an Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help with an Event

I want to monitor a rooms humidity level on a certain day and times and if the humidity level raises a certain amount turn on the fan and when drops back down turn the fan off.

Let's say I want the Event to run Friday from 4pm to 11pm. The Event would need to know what the humidity level is at 4pm and if it raise more than 10% turn the fan on. If the humidity level drops to the starting level before 11pm turn the fan off. Then at 11pm the Event ends and turns the fan off.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks
    Jim

Events do not run for hours. When Triggered they run once and exit. You could have a single Event that runs at 4:00 Friday. This event would write the humidity to a global variable or Virtual Device.

Then a second Event that triggers on the measured humidity being greater than the stored value by more than the stored value +10, using Easy Trigger. You would have Conditions that it is Friday, after 4:00pm, before 11:00pm and the fan is Off. This turns the fan On.

A third event triggers when the current humidity equals the stored value again using Easy Trigger and conditions that it is Friday, after 4:00pm, before 11:00pm and the fan is On. A second trigger OR IF it is 11:00pm, Friday with the fan On. This Event turns the fan Off.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I thought of something similar but I don't know how to write the humidity to a variable or virtual device. I Tried searching but could not find it.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by jbfoster View Post
        I thought of something similar but I don't know how to write the humidity to a variable or virtual device. I Tried searching but could not find it.

Jim
        With an immediate script like

&hs.setdevicevaluebyref(401, hs.devicevalueex(66), True)

401 is the RefID of the Virtual Device and 66 is the RefID of the humidity device. The action is to run a script or script command, then check immediate command.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.png Views:	0 Size:	55.0 KB ID:	1662123

Comment

I created a virtual device and ran the command in a event but how do I see the value of the virtual device? It's an on/off device.

Thamks
          Jim

Comment

Originally posted by jbfoster View Post
            I created a virtual device and ran the command in a event but how do I see the value of the virtual device? It's an on/off device.

Thamks
            Jim
            You don't put controls in the virtual device, just write the value. You should see the value that is written. I just created a virtual device and wrote the value of a humidity device.

Here is the source

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture2.png Views:	0 Size:	9.3 KB ID:	1662136

Virtual device

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.png Views:	0 Size:	17.2 KB ID:	1662134

Delete the on and off controls and graphics then add a single range of 0-100 and an assigned graphic

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture1.png Views:	0 Size:	86.9 KB ID:	1662135

Comment

I group all my virtual controls and reporting under a single parent. The luminance virtual is a reference device used in lighting controls. It is updated from my PWS.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture1.png Views:	0 Size:	77.6 KB ID:	1662141
              Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.png Views:	0 Size:	81.6 KB ID:	1662140

Comment

Got it thanks

Comment

Working...
                X