Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open an App directly - Google TV

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Open an App directly - Google TV

    I've always had an event to turn on a TV. Back when I had cable I can have it tune to a channel I wanted.
    Now I use streaming apps and want to turn on the tv, then open a specific app (fubotv).
    Can HS do that?
    I never found a way.

    #2
    I didn't think it could and I think the lack of any response proves that.
    So I had to try with HA and I can't believe how easy this is to do.
    Why is there no way in HS??

    Comment


      #3
      Homeseer's free Chromecast plugin cannot do it. Like all HS made PIs, they are bare bones functionality at best. There is a paid PI from AK but I looked at it months ago it did not then, maybe it does now. HAss has FAR more functionality (99% free) which is why many are moving to HAss. Homeseer has been dead man walking for years now.

      Comment


        #4
        How can the Chromecast plugin do it?

        Comment


          #5
          I use Alexa and can do this using Node-Red and Alexa Routines.

          Comment


            #6
            Not related to google tv, but for those who still have logitech harmony remotes this can be done - at least on Ruko's, and I think I have this on Amazon cube too. The HS can interface with the harmony device.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by RRR View Post
              Not related to google tv, but for those who still have logitech harmony remotes this can be done - at least on Ruko's, and I think I have this on Amazon cube too. The HS can interface with the harmony device.
              I have the Harmony Hub. How do you open a specific app with it?

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Demusman View Post

                I have the Harmony Hub. How do you open a specific app with it?
                You have to setup an activity within Harmony. When I did it, long time ago, I setup to go to netflix directly on Ruko and then a separate one to go to youtube tv on amazon cube. I don't recall, again long time ago, if I started with netflex and then picked the devices or once I picked Ruko device it prompted for app I wanted. Its something like that thou.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Oh, that's not HS doing it though.
                  In HA you can just send the deep link for an app directly. I'm referring to something like that. Who would want 5 activities in Harmony just to open an app? Very messy in my opinion

                  The bottom buttons here aren't Harmony activities. They only exist in HA.

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240324-064105.png
Views:	42
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	1663618

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Chromecast and Google TV are two different things. You can get a Chromecast with Google TV but the Google TV portion is different than the Chromecast version.
                    Karl S
                    HS4Pro on Windows 10
                    1070 Devices
                    56 Z-Wave Nodes
                    104 Events
                    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
                    Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by ksum View Post
                      Chromecast and Google TV are two different things. You can get a Chromecast with Google TV but the Google TV portion is different than the Chromecast version.
                      Not sure who you're replying to or what your reply has to do with this question?
                      Pretty sure everyone knows the difference. Are you saying one can do what I asked and the other can't?

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Demusman View Post

                        Not sure who you're replying to or what your reply has to do with this question?
                        Pretty sure everyone knows the difference. Are you saying one can do what I asked and the other can't?
                        One cannot expect Google TV functionality, such as opening a TV App, to be accomplished by a plugin for Chromecast. My comment was only to point this out in light of the comments suggesting they should.
                        Karl S
                        HS4Pro on Windows 10
                        1070 Devices
                        56 Z-Wave Nodes
                        104 Events
                        HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
                        Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X