I somehow messed up when adding a user and now my admin rights are gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I somehow messed up when adding a user and now my admin rights are gone

I dont know how this happened to be honest. I'm severly visually impaired and use a screen reader now so that probably had something to do with it. I have a ZeeS2 running hs4pi. I was logged in with admin rights and added a user with guest rights. as soon as I clicked to add the user the "access denied" message appeared. I can't get into to setup anymore (still logged in with my admin account). When I try to log out, I get a never before seen popup asking for a user and password to login. It will not accept the newly added guest account and my admin account can log in but no longer has rights. Ugh, I hate not seeing anymore. I searched and found recs from Rupp fo Windows and Linux systems but I havent found anything for Pi. Does anyone know how to get back in? The rec for the other os was to shutdown hs, delete the user ini and log back in with the original password. I'm confused on that as well as the unit has the default user/password but I think that changed when I purchased the hs4 upgrade as that default password was different. I guess I'll figure that out if I can get to that point. Thanks for any help!

Solved! I was able to login from a different device. Freakin weird man. It's all good now.

Comment

Working...
    X