Detection of Tripped GFI Outlet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
    A circuit breaker can only protect the circuit from frying. It can not protect the human from frying. That is what the GFCI is for.
    Two different protection mechanisms. Two different purposes. Most of the time if GFCI's start "popping" for no reason, they are going bad. In construction equipment, they go bad all the time...
    Yeah, that was my point, too; thanks. Don't just keep resetting a GFCI, troubleshoot and solve the root cause.

Comment

Yea, my issue turned out to be an extension cord on my deck that kept getting wet when it rained. I guess these work as designed. I find it odd that my bathroom and deck share the same GFI.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        Yea, my issue turned out to be an extension cord on my deck that kept getting wet when it rained. I guess these work as designed. I find it odd that my bathroom and deck share the same GFI.
        That's common. My back patio is on my hall bathroom GFCI. Same thing at the apartments that I work at. Any outlet that is on the load side of the GFCI is protected even if its a regular outlet.

Comment

Originally posted by jbfoster View Post

That's common. My back patio is on my hall bathroom GFCI. Same thing at the apartments that I work at. Any outlet that is on the load side of the GFCI is protected even if it’s a regular outlet.
          It started as a cost saving move, probably until copper went out of sight.

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Randy
            The device you recommended works perfectly. I tripped the main. I instantly received a text that the device

AC Mains Diusconnected

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-06 at 2.58.03 PM.png
Views:	33
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	1665910

Comment

Originally posted by jquincy View Post
              Randy
              The device you recommended works perfectly. I tripped the main. I instantly received a text that the device

AC Mains Diusconnected

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-06 at 2.58.03 PM.png
Views:	33
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	1665910
              Good. It was surprising that they said HomeSeer wouldn’t get the report. Glad it works. It could be useful for a number of people who want power failure notifications.
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
                Good. It was surprising that they said HomeSeer wouldn’t get the report. Glad it works. It could be useful for a number of people who want power failure notifications.
                Very cool. I got several on the way...

This 800 series supports LR. Has anyone played with that?
                HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
                Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
                weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Working...
                X