Minoston Dual Outdoor Plug - Cannot Control Outlets Individually

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minoston Dual Outdoor Plug - Cannot Control Outlets Individually

I just got a Mineston 800 Series Z-wave plug that has 2 outlets that supposedly can be controlled independently.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B7MLX1ZC

It added properly with 2 switches and each switch has an On and an Off button in HS. However, when I click on one On the other also turns on and when I click on one Off the other one also turns off. Has anyone run into the same issue?

Which version of the Z-Wave plugin are you running?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
      I just got a Mineston 800 Series Z-wave plug that has 2 outlets that supposedly can be controlled independently.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B7MLX1ZC

It added properly with 2 switches and each switch has an On and an Off button in HS. However, when I click on one On the other also turns on and when I click on one Off the other one also turns off. Has anyone run into the same issue?
      I have a device that does this sometimes when I first include it. It's weird. Sometimes a rescan seems to fix it. Sometimes I delete the device then run a Z-Wave create devices, and the devices work after re-creating them. Sometimes they start working after I restart HS4. I haven't figured out the exact sequence to get them working independently, but they always do with a bit of patience.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        Which version of the Z-Wave plugin are you running?
        I am on 3.0.10.0.

QuikDraw I will give that a try.
        Update:
        • I shut down HS4 and started it again. This didn't help (still when I do an action on one outlet the other one follows that action)
        • Did a rescan. This didn't help.
        • Did shut down HS4 again and started it again. This didn't help.
        I might just exclude the device tomorrow and delete the associated devices and do a new inclusion.

Comment

Rupp I tested this again this morning and Outlet 1 controlled Outlet 2 sometimes and Outlet 2 never controlled Outlet 1. I am fairly sure that before I did what I mentioned in the previous post, Outlet 2 also controlled Outlet 1. In any case, I did an exclusion of that power outlet and then included it again. I got the same behavior, i.e. Outlet 1 controlled Outlet 2 sometimes and Outlet 2 never controlled Outlet 1.

I did run through a sequences of 13 changes and then repeated it. I get consistent (wrong) behavior. See attachment. Left side is the current state. Center is the action performed. Right side is the new state (so the current state on the next row is the new state from the previous row). Orange is where Outlet 1 controls Outlet 2. Green is where Outlet 1 does NOT control Outlet 2.

I wonder if this is an issue with the z-wave plugin or with the Mineston outlet. If it's the Mineston then it goes back. Though, I suspect this might be a plugin issue.

I also submitted it as HSCS-22376

Click image for larger version

Name:	MinsteonDualPlug.png
Views:	102
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	1663669

Comment

FYI: I recently bought the ZOOZ 800 SERIES Z_WAVE LONG RANGE OUTDOOR DOUBLE PLUG ZEN14 800LR https://www.thesmartesthouse.com/col...ble-plug-zen14 (It appears to be the same product as the Minoston) My observation is similar with the screen that was posted but OUTPUT 2 does not physically turn on falsely. Switch2 may show On when Switch1 is commanded on but Outlet2 does not electrically turn on unless Switch2 is commanded On and will not electrically turn off unless Switch2 is commanded off

Start Display Command End Display Physical Power
            Switch1 Switch2 Action Switch1 Switch2 Outlet1 Outlet2
            Off Off Switch1 On On On On Off
            On On Switch1 Off Off Off Off Off
            Off Off Switch2 On Off On Off On
            Off On Switch2 Off Off Off Off Off

Off Off Switch1 On On On On Off
            On On Switch2 On On On On On
            On On Switch1 Off Off On Off On
            Off On Switch2 Off Off Off Off Off

I'm running HS4 4.2.19.5
            Z-NET-R2v3 Firmware 7.20
            Pluggin Z-Wave 4.1.6.0 BETA

Comment

Name:	image.png
Views:	66
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	1664970
              picture

Comment

Frank Cep Thank you for your input on this. It would be great if you submit a bug about this at https://homeseer.com/contact-us/

If I am the only one that reports it, then probably nothing will be done. It's kind of important that this is being fixed because otherwise events that depend on the current (incorrect) status of the plug don't work.

Comment

I just did submit a bug report with Homeseer. Interesting there is another blog on this forum October 26, 2023 but strangely he says it's now working correctly?

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ehavior-solved

Comment

Interesting. In that thread they actually say that switch 2 "controls" (just status) both switch 1 and 2. Switch 1 works as expected. We see exactly the opposite, i.e. switch 1 "controls" switch 1 and 2 and switch 2 works as expected.

Comment

I just tried telewizard13​ findings from his forum and found I had default associations set for my zooz zen14 and deleted them. And guess what, it is working correctly now too!

You may want to see if your Minoston has associations and delete them too.

Plugins -> Z-wave -> Manage associations -> select a device -> CONTINUE -> Remove -> CONTINUE

Name:	image.png
Views:	57
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	1665117

Comment

My EVA Logik ZW97 two channel outlet was already working after initially suffering the same weirdness. Not sure what combination of fixes got it working.
                        But I never thought to check for associations. It did have a Group 2 association setup for Switch 2 which I just removed, and it still works as expected.

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post

I am on 3.0.10.0.

QuikDraw I will give that a try.
                          Update:
                          • I shut down HS4 and started it again. This didn't help (still when I do an action on one outlet the other one follows that action)
                          • Did a rescan. This didn't help.
                          • Did shut down HS4 again and started it again. This didn't help.
                          I might just exclude the device tomorrow and delete the associated devices and do a new inclusion.
                          I "thought" a fix was put in for this issue in the newer version 4.x Z-Wave plugin. Have you tried this version as you will need to go to the 4.x version of the Z-Wave plugin prior to moving to the new Z-Wave plus plugin being released in the future.
                          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Cep View Post
                            I just tried telewizard13​ findings from his forum and found I had default associations set for my zooz zen14 and deleted them. And guess what, it is working correctly now too!

You may want to see if your Minoston has associations and delete them too.

Plugins -> Z-wave -> Manage associations -> select a device -> CONTINUE -> Remove -> CONTINUE
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	62.4 KB ID:	1665117
                            For a second, I thought it could be interesting. Alas, my HS couldn't find any associations for both dual plug models I have:
                            First: Brand: New One Model: ZW97M
                            Second: Brand Zooz Model: ZEN14

See this thread: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...-outdoor-plugs

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post

I "thought" a fix was put in for this issue in the newer version 4.x Z-Wave plugin. Have you tried this version as you will need to go to the 4.x version of the Z-Wave plugin prior to moving to the new Z-Wave plus plugin being released in the future.
                              Rupp I did upgrade the plugin to 4.1.3.0. Then I did a restore of the system to before I added the plug. The restore did not revert the plugin, i.e. the z-wave plugin is still on 4.1.3.0. Just now I did an inclusion again to add the plug back-in. Then I did the sequence shown in post #5. I am getting the same behavior.

Name:	ZWavePlugin1.png
Views:	41
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	1665213

Comment

Working...
                              X