"Alexa Tell Homeseer" becomes "Alexa Tell Home"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Alexa Tell Homeseer" becomes "Alexa Tell Home"

In the past couple of weeks when I say "Alexa Tell Homeseer XYZ" the alexa says "Announcing - ......" then announces what command i was telling homeseer to the house.

Seems it has started interpreting this as "Alexa Tell Home" which is supposed to announce a message on all alexas in the house instead of running the homeseer skill - and it doesn't seem to matter how fast i say it.

Anyone else getting this? Anyone know how to fix it? Thanks!

Have you tried to see if the other skill (Smart Home Skill) will work for you as it doesn't require using the term "Alexa Tell HomeSeer ...
    https://homeseer.com/amazon-alexa-integration/
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I use both and the "tell homeseer..." still works as before in my case.
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by grahamk View Post
        In the past couple of weeks when I say "Alexa Tell Homeseer XYZ" the alexa says "Announcing - ......" then announces what command i was telling homeseer to the house.

Seems it has started interpreting this as "Alexa Tell Home" which is supposed to announce a message on all alexas in the house instead of running the homeseer skill - and it doesn't seem to matter how fast i say it.

Anyone else getting this? Anyone know how to fix it? Thanks!
        Periodically, I have had this issue, but didn't know the cause. I guess I need to practice saying the term "homeseer" much faster.
        HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
        Home Assistant 2024.3
        Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
        Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
        Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
        WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
        AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

I've had this happen once
          tenholde

Comment

As an FYI, the "tell homeseer" skill was our original skill when Amazon first started Alexa. That skill is grandfathered in by Amazon and I would expect Amazon will remove it at some point. That is the only skill (that I know of) that takes the complete phrase that you say and passes it to HS. You are not allowed to that any longer. We cannot modify that skill or we lose it. So unfortunately, we cannot change the trigger phrase. Maybe there is a way to disable or change the other phrase that is confused with?

Comment

I use this skill a lot, along with Jon's helper. I sure hope they don't remove it. Using it to pass phases (key words) its not doable otherwise as far as I know.
              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Thanks - I have tested this and I can use it to run events - the event runs, then Alexa tells me "sorry event name is not responding" every time. Is this a known bug? I found a post on it from about a year ago.

How i would stop using Jon00's Alexa helper is a hole different topic - i use it extensively.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                  I use this skill a lot, along with Jon's helper. I sure hope they don't remove it. Using it to pass phases (key words) its not doable otherwise as far as I know.
                  Same - having to back out my 20 or so Jon00 Alexa helpers would be very painful.

Comment

Thanks - I have tested this and I can use it to run events - the event runs, then Alexa tells me "sorry event name is not responding" every time. Is this a known bug? I found a post on it from about a year ago.

How i would stop using Jon00's Alexa helper is a hole different topic - i use it extensively.
                    It appears that Amazon has removed Scene support from the Alexa app. As that is how we're managing events, that would probably explain the issue. The work around would be to use virtual devices to control events and to create Alexa routines (with custom voice commands) to control those devices (thus launching the events). Doable but would require a bit of work to set up.

Comment

You can also trigger events using Jon's helper. This is what works best for me.

Comment

This should be working. The error indicates that HS did not respond at all. See if there are any errors in the log. Do you have the Alexa SmartHome skill also enabled? Does that control devices ok?

Comment

Working...
                        X