Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Event Time After - If 7:00 does that mean 7:01 is valid but 7:00:59 is not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event Time After - If 7:00 does that mean 7:01 is valid but 7:00:59 is not?

The below event did not trigger this morning. Is it possible this is due to the sunrise time being seconds after 7 AM? I tried setting the And IF the time is after 7:00 AM to 7:00:00 but it still displays as just 7:00. I guess I expect the After 7:00 to include 7:00:24 but maybe this is not the current logic? I did set a third test for the time being sunrise and 7:00 AM. Just trying to make sure I understand the tests.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	68
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	1663838
    Karl S
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    1070 Devices
    56 Z-Wave Nodes
    104 Events
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
    Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

I believe “the time is after…” deals in whole minutes only. The clue is that you can only use hour and minute in setting it. After 7:00AM starts at 7:01AM. It is easy enough to test. Here are the results of this Event:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	38.0 KB ID:	1663847

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	310.1 KB ID:	1663848

It started at 9:31AM. The Z-Wave error is due to my having replaced a device without fixing the Events using it.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thank you for that confirmation, randy I did set up a third condition for the time being 7 am so I should be good next time this occurs. It would be nice if the time items were consistent within all of them, but I understand how it is working.
      Karl S
      HS4Pro on Windows 10
      1070 Devices
      56 Z-Wave Nodes
      104 Events

Comment

Originally posted by ksum View Post
        Thank you for that confirmation, randy I did set up a third condition for the time being 7 am so I should be good next time this occurs. It would be nice if the time items were consistent within all of them, but I understand how it is working.
        If that is the Event in the first post, it will not run any day the sunrise is between 7:00:01AM and 7:00:59AM. Why not change the first condition to "The time is after 6:59". The second condition is one of the time values that includes seconds, so it is only true at an Exact time as set. The clue on any of these times is whether you can set seconds or not.

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
          If that is the Event in the first post, it will not run any day the sunrise is between 7:00:01AM and 7:00:59AM. Why not change the first condition to "The time is after 6:59".
          Because I didn't slow down to think it through completely and added a third condition for it being 7 am and sunrise. Thank you for the suggestion. I made the change and removed my third test.
          Karl S
          HS4Pro on Windows 10
          1070 Devices
          56 Z-Wave Nodes
          104 Events

Comment

Working...
          X