Best Practices for Zigbee+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Practices for Zigbee+

Dipping my toes into zigbee+. Currently run zwave, x10 & wifi devices in my home system. Anything I need to know before I start adding zigbee+ to my system?

You should be fine as long as your Zigbee devices are supported by Zigbee2MQTT
    | Zigbee2MQTT
    Last edited by rmasonjr; March 26, 2024, 04:07 PM. Reason: spelling is hard
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I second what rmasonjr said. I used to use the JowieHue plugin which is great with great support. However, after HS published their plugin based on Zigbee2MQTT I switched to that plugin. I only have about 10 zigbee devices but they work fine.

Comment

mulu​, rmasonjr​, what are you using for door/window sensors?

Comment

All our windows and outside door and some inside doors are wired into our DSC security system. For the remaining inside doors that didn't have sensor I used Aqara door sensors. I bought them from AliExpress. They worked fine with the JowieHue plugin and also work fine now that I moved to HS' plugin.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2255801106324839.html

Comment

Originally posted by shennecke View Post
            I still use Z-Wave for door/window sensors.
            My zigbee devices are Aqara temp/humidity/water, ThirdReality lighting modules with energy reporting, Xiaomi vibration sensor, Sonoff temp/humidy, Tuya temp/humidity, and an eWeLink relay module.
            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
              All our windows and outside door and some inside doors are wired into our DSC security system. For the remaining inside doors that didn't have sensor I used Aqara door sensors. I bought them from AliExpress. They worked fine with the JowieHue plugin and also work fine now that I moved to HS' plugin.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2255801106324839.html
              First time checking out Aliexpress, wow, prices. I now see how China will eventually rule the world! lol.

Comment

I'm using Third Reality and Linkind Zigbee door sensors. Both work really well. The Third reality model uses AAA batteries and the Linkind uses a button cell. All were installed last summer and all are reporting 92-95% battery remaining.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Happy to report adding zigbee+ was uneventful. Plugged in the dongle, turned on the zigbee+ plugin, it loaded a few files, set the com port #, added a door sensor, added an event trigger and everything just works!

Comment

Happy to report adding zigbee+ was uneventful. Plugged in the dongle, turned on the zigbee+ plugin, it loaded a few files, set the com port #, added a door sensor, added an event trigger and everything just works!
                    which door sensor did you get?
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post

which door sensor did you get?
                      This one, very small. Sonoff SNZB-04

Comment

Working...
                      X