BlueIris - Virtual Camera Device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BlueIris - Virtual Camera Device

I was going to create a virtual BlueIris Motion device and add a Motion feature for each camera in BI. However, then I questioned if that is a good idea and if it's not better to create a separate device for each camera. Then each camera can have features like Motion, Record, etc. So before I start doing this, I am wondering how other people have done this?

You want a device for each cam. It lets the device control make sense. These are created with an enhanced netcam plugin.
    I dont use BI, but the way BI sends motion alerts to a URL is the same way my old foscams notify on motion.
    Motion is a trigger, Picture and Video are actions.

Click image for larger version

Name:	netcam.png
Views:	88
Size:	171.0 KB
ID:	1665204
    3.0.0.548: HS3PRO - 3.0.5.10: AIAlert - 2.1.1.0: APIWeather - 2.0.64.0: BLBackup - 2.0.45.0: BLLAN - 2.0.37.0: BLRoombaWifi - 1.0.0.3: DevLog - 1.2.5.15: KeyPad - 3.0.2.25: NetCAM - 0.0.0.52: Pushover 3P - 3.0.0.5: SendVFD - 1.0.0.3: Tiles - 3.0.11.0: Z-Wave

Comment

I setup a room for each camera. In each room I have virtual devices that triggers with motion in each zone.

I also trigger virtual devices (using CPAI) for USPS, Amazon, and UPS and make announcements over the house speaker when trucks are pulling up to my house with deliveries.

Comment

Name:	image.png
Views:	72
Size:	157.2 KB
ID:	1665240
        I have each of mine set up like this.

Comment

Originally posted by joegr View Post
          I have each of mine set up like this.
          That's nice and clean.

I haven't figured out how to add my trash truck to AI yet. I have MQTT add snapshots to my delivery alert devices

Name:	image.png
Views:	74
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	1665242

Comment

joegr How do you do detection of all these different things? Does BI have some built-in feature or extension to do that?

Comment

BI is a very capable program. Having said that you really don't need it to do object detection. BI mainly uses CodeProject AI for detection.
              CodeProject AI has an API that can be utilized in HomeSeer.
              https://www.codeproject.com/AI/docs/
              BI was too much, so I wrote my own plugin to send requests to the CP.AI API and trigger events and markup detection images with a zone for each event trigger created. I run two CP.AI servers.

Click image for larger version  Name:	events.png Views:	0 Size:	369.6 KB ID:	1665278
              Click image for larger version  Name:	utility.png Views:	0 Size:	104.9 KB ID:	1665279
              3.0.0.548: HS3PRO - 3.0.5.10: AIAlert - 2.1.1.0: APIWeather - 2.0.64.0: BLBackup - 2.0.45.0: BLLAN - 2.0.37.0: BLRoombaWifi - 1.0.0.3: DevLog - 1.2.5.15: KeyPad - 3.0.2.25: NetCAM - 0.0.0.52: Pushover 3P - 3.0.0.5: SendVFD - 1.0.0.3: Tiles - 3.0.11.0: Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
                joegr How do you do detection of all these different things? Does BI have some built-in feature or extension to do that?
                Code Project AI and custom models. I am using it through BI, instead of directly with HS. Set up on BI takes a little doing, but then having it communicate with HS is a breeze.

Comment

I do separate devices for each camera and just a motion/no motion status. I use BI to send on/off alerts for this to HS via mcsmqtt.

Comment

Thanks a lot for all the feedback. This is very helpful. Jebus how do you implement all the up/down/etc functions? I am asking because for the virtual device I also added a feature "Profile". I figured out how to change the profile for a particular camera, i.e.

http://[IPofBlueIris]:[BlueIrisPort]/admin?cmd=camconfig&camera=[NameOfCamera]&profile=[0..7]

However, I am not sure how to issue this via an event which I trigger when the user/me changes the profile in HS. Maybe with some immediate script? I don't know how this would look like, though.

Comment

how do you implement all the up/down/etc functions?
                      I send commands to the cameras api through an enhanced netcam plugin. All the control buttons are CAPI controls. The buttons run functions with http requests to the cams.

Every cam is going to be different. I'm not sure what all BI has for camera function control.

If you look at your camera's api, there might be some http control. Many new cams have onvif of which I know nothing.

Comment

You mentioned the "enhanced netcam plugin" before. I have the netcam plugin but what is the enhanced netcam plugin? I think they made it open source so did you just modify it?

Comment

Yes, I have added to it extensively. It was originally created by HST for Foscam and Amcrest cams. I have foscams...

I have also added video recording with ffmpeg.

I would release it compiled but then I have to support it. I have not documented anything for a plugin install. I had no plans to release.

The source is commented. Errors are logged and a debug file is optionally created.

More than willing to send over the source if you have Visual Studio. I can answer questions on the code. I'm sure more eyes could improve it.

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
                            Thanks a lot for all the feedback. This is very helpful. Jebus how do you implement all the up/down/etc functions? I am asking because for the virtual device I also added a feature "Profile". I figured out how to change the profile for a particular camera, i.e.

http://[IPofBlueIris]:[BlueIrisPort]/admin?cmd=camconfig&camera=[NameOfCamera]&profile=[0..7]

However, I am not sure how to issue this via an event which I trigger when the user/me changes the profile in HS. Maybe with some immediate script? I don't know how this would look like, though.
                            mulu you could run your event as an immediate script command using a GET in the URL. This is an example of how I change to preset 5 on my Cam1

&hs.URLAction("http://192.168.1.200/admin?camera=Cam1&preset=5&user=will40&pw=password", "GET", "", "")

Comment

Originally posted by will40 View Post

mulu you could run your event as an immediate script command using a GET in the URL. This is an example of how I change to preset 5 on my Cam1

&hs.URLAction("http://192.168.1.200/admin?camera=Cam1&preset=5&user=will40&pw=password", "GET", "", "")
                              Perfect! I will try that. Thanks a lot.

Comment

Working...
                              X