OT but need some advice...... ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT but need some advice...... ???

I woke this morning to find that my entire home network was down.... I did the usual resetting of my cable modem and router without any luck. I then plugged a single PC directly into my modem and got online just fine. So I plugged back in the router, did more resetting of my modem and router and again no luck. I then accessed my routers admin and found that it is not grabbing an IP address, sevaral resets later and use of a spare router I have laying around and the problem remains the same. Is there any specific reason that a single PC plugged directly into my modem would grab an IP, but my router(s) won't ???

TIA

Alex

--

Some ISP's need to know the MAC address of the device that will grab the ipaddress. I use MediaCom and if I change routers I have to call and give them the mac address of the new router before I can get a valid ipaddress.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Have you setup/changed any rules on the router in the past few days/weeks - my boss had a similar problem, he had put firewall rules on blocking everything including dhcp - when the lease expired on the address and the router tried to renew it was blocking itself from getting the address.

Malarcy

Comment

Working...
      X