Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeSeer, MR26a, and the HawkEye/RMS18 motion sensor

Hi all,
    Here is my setup, I have the mr26a RF reciever plugged into the serial port in my computer. I have homeseer on the computer. I ordered the 4 for 1 HawkEye Motion Sensors. I recieved 4 RMS18 motion sensors. When motion is triggered on the sensor, I want homeseer to run a program I wrote. But I don't know how to get the whole setup to work. The instructions with the mr26a might as well have been non-existant. I did see and download the mr26a plug-in for homeseer. It is marked as a active interface in the options/interface menu. I have an event created that is listening for the A1 command. Which is what the motion sensor sends out by default. But when I run my hand over the motion sensor and it blinks, nothing happens on my computer. Any thoughts on what I am missing?

Thanks!

You need to go into the setup/config menu and tell the MR26A which house codes to monitor. It's been a long time since I used this so I can't remember if the house codes are on by default or off. Another good test is to use a palm pad remote to see if your receiving signals.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Are these the config menus you are talking about? I'm not sure what settings I should change. Any thoughts?
      Attached Files

Comment

Yes the second one is the config screen. A was checked so if you have it set up correctly it should see traffic on all house codes. You will probably want to uncheck all those retransmit check boxes as these will slow it down.

How close is the motion sensor to the receiver? Many users didn't get much range out of these MR26A's without an external antenna. You can find other helpful tips in the MR26A forum.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I was able to get it to work. On the config screen, I had to put the number of the com port (1) the mr26a was on. Thanks for the Help!

Comment

Working...
          X