HS Operation/Events Lock when viewing Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS Operation/Events Lock when viewing Log

Just getting started with HS (1.7.30 and 1.7.41) and X10 and having what I consider to be a strange problem. Test setup uses all X10 devices plugged into power strip (PS) filtered from rest of house with ACT AF120. Using ACT TI103-RS232 interface plugged into PS and connected to IBM TP600x via serial-to-USB and USB hub. Testing with X-10 Powerhouse Chime, Smarthome ApplianceLink, X-10 Powerhouse Wireless Remote HR12A Transmitter and RR501 Transceiver, plus an ACT AT004 PCC Multi-Tester.

Everything seems to work just fine until I view the HS log. Then HS seems to "soak up" all X-10 signals/commands until I kick something off with the Device Control panel, sending an On to any address. (Seems like I should just be able watch things fly by while looking at the log.) One example test I am using is to set the chime to B02 and set it to kick off from HS with B03-On event. TI103 is used to generate B03-On. HS seems to keep the X10 commands buffered until I poke with the Device Control panel (say with B16-On). Then I get a series of chimes, one for each B03-On command previously sent.

I don't see any settings in HS to control this type of log behavior. What am I missing? Thanks in advance.

Do you have another X10 interface to test with. The TI-103 has been know to have problems. Are you running the latest TI-103 plugin fro the HS updater? Also power strips are notorious for "eating" X10 signals so you might want to check that as well.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

RE: Lockup

Well, it's like this: TI103 X10 Plug-in is 1.0.0.27 (the most current). PS is isolated from the rest of the house in order to control the amount of X10 signal loss. Noise on the line is 120-200mV. AT004 reports 3.95V X10 signal when generated by the RR501 Transceiver and >5.0V when generated by the TI103. As I said, generated X10 B03-On signals (whether from within HS or by RR501) seem to be "buffered" inside HS.

But the secret is this: If I connect the TI103 directly to the one TP600X serial port, then everything seems to work. So the problem seems to be associated with the TI103 > Serial-USB Cable > USB Hub > one USB port > USB-to-Com Kernel code > TI103 Plug-in path. In any case, PROBLEM SOLVED for now. (Unfortunately, I had hoped to use several RS232 devices via USB. Maybe a different serial-USB cable will work.)

Thank you.

Comment

bobcap,
        Have a look at the Edgeport device found on EBay from time to time. They run roughly $40 and have 8 ports. I have yet to read one bad review.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
        X