X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dim light from 0 to...

Hello,

I'm a newby, but i have two questions.
    1. is it possible to use events in homeseer and set the lights on from 0 to 50% bright? When i put on the event now it always goes 100% and then dims to 50%.
    2.With switch type do i use for a window screen how do you call it.
    When i use the normal switch it goes up or down, but with the remote control i can use it to set it half open or closed.

Thanks in advance for the sullotions
    Robert

In HS set the lamp you want to do this with to "dim 0%" then give the command to go to 50%. When you are done set it to go to 0% not off.
    Tim
    FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

Is this what you mean..?
      First i make an event whit the light and set dim 0 Relative Dim
      then the second rule is the same light with dim 50% Relative Dim

? ive tried..but does not work..:-(

Comment

Ok here is what I did-
        Make an event-"light B On"
        Type-Device status change
        Device-LIGHTS Desk Lamp
        Status-Changed to on
        Under "Device Actions Tab" do this-
        Location-LIGHTS
        Name-Upstairs Hall
        Code-B1
        Command-Dim to 50%

Now in the HS GUI under devices-I turned my LIGHTS-Upstairs Hall-B1-t0 dim 0%

Now when I turn on my Desk lamp, my Hall light goes up to 50% without going to 100% first.

Tim
        FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

Or, you could use the better non-X10 brand switches to go straight to where you want to go.
          Martin Custer

Comment

CRV002,
            What Martin is referring to is the higher quality/cost switches allow the user to go from 0 to 50% dim without going to full bright first(direct dim). The more affordable switches can only be dimmed after first going to full bright first. One of the more affordable switches that have direct dim support is the Z-Wave line of switches. These are more reliable than X10 switches generally because they use RF signals rather than X10 powerline signals.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

There is hope for you

It seems by your profile you come from the Netherlands. If this is true indeed, you probably use the Marmitek X-10 goodies. This would mean there is hope for you:

If you use the plug-in modules (de stekkermodules) you could use a script like
              for x=0 to 64
              dim module, x
              next

For the in-wall dimmers (inbouwdimmers), you could use a script like
              http://forums.homeseer.com/showthrea...=sunrise+clock
              I have heard various reports on it, but it was originally designed to work with Marmitek in-wall dimmers (inbouwdimmers) and works very well with it, not sure how it functions with plug in dimmers. It could be it has some problems with the latest version of HomeSeer.

Also, there used to be a article on automatedhome.co.uk claiming that if you send an extended command over 64 to a LD11, it will dim slowly. So if you would send
              hs.ExecX10 "B10", "extended", 33, 49
              to an LD11 to dim it to level 33, than
              hs.ExecX10 "B10", "extended", 33+64, 49
              would dim it to level 33 in one minute while
              hs.ExecX10 "B10", "extended", 33+64+64, 49
              would dim it to level 33 in five minutes.

Unfortunately, I can not find the article any more, so the one and five minutes could be wrong on my side.

Regards,

Richard

Comment

2.With switch type do i use for a window screen how do you call it.
                If you live in the Netherlands indeed, you would need the Marmitek SW10, for example this SW10

Regards,

Richard

Comment

Thanks you all, i'm gonna try the scripts

Comment

I use the sunrise clock script with Z-Wave dimmers. I had to modify the ExecX10 calls a little, but otherwise the script works well.

Bill

Comment

Sunrise with Z-wave

Hello Bill,

Since I am the original author of the sunrise script, could you mail me your version of the script so I can incorporate your changes in the original script??

Please use the e-mail adress from my profile.

Regards,

Richard

Comment

Working...
                      X