LCD Keypad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LCD Keypad

I have finished the program and documentation for the interface to the RCS LCD keypad. The program provides all of the basic capability to use the keypad as an input device to the Homeseer system. It will handle up to 12 (an arbitrary number on my part) keypads. The program will normally run minimized into the systray just as Homeseer does. The program provides the ability to build screens for the keypad, load the screens, load bitmaps for labels of the keys, and communicate with Homeseer when a key on any of the keypads is pressed. Pressing a key can have a script run, an event triggered or a phrase spoken.

I intend to add more capability, and there is enough documentation to allow you to evaluate if the program and keypads would be useful to you. The basic operation of the program is table driven which allows for easy change. I still want to do more work on the unit, but need to take a breather, I promised the wife that I would interface the hot tub and pool system to homeseer so she can control (turn on the hot tub heater) them from the Web jsut before she leaves work. Another little Homeseer project.

If you are interested in a copy of the LCD keyboard program with sceen examples and documentation drop me an email and I will send you an install package. You will need to be able to accept about 4 meg (the program is small but the microsoft install system is large to guarantee it will work) I am running it on Win 98 SE but see no reason for it not to run on any Win OS. If you only want to read the documentation it is posted here as an attachment in MS Word.

This is exactly what I have been looking for.. The doc file looks broke.. Please repost. Or give new info on this..

AB

------------------------------------------------------------
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Done this ....

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
      Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

His site address is in his profile and he has always had a downloads page with the stuff he has written. If I remember correctly he links to his downloads from his home page so it should be fairly simple to find it if you want to.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry Gordon View Post
          I have finished the program and documentation for the interface to the RCS LCD keypad. The program provides all of the basic capability to use the keypad as an input device to the Homeseer system. It will handle up to 12 (an arbitrary number on my part) keypads. The program will normally run minimized into the systray just as Homeseer does. The program provides the ability to build screens for the keypad, load the screens, load bitmaps for labels of the keys, and communicate with Homeseer when a key on any of the keypads is pressed. Pressing a key can have a script run, an event triggered or a phrase spoken.

I intend to add more capability, and there is enough documentation to allow you to evaluate if the program and keypads would be useful to you. The basic operation of the program is table driven which allows for easy change. I still want to do more work on the unit, but need to take a breather, I promised the wife that I would interface the hot tub and pool system to homeseer so she can control (turn on the hot tub heater) them from the Web jsut before she leaves work. Another little Homeseer project.

If you are interested in a copy of the LCD keyboard program with sceen examples and documentation drop me an email and I will send you an install package. You will need to be able to accept about 4 meg (the program is small but the microsoft install system is large to guarantee it will work) I am running it on Win 98 SE but see no reason for it not to run on any Win OS. If you only want to read the documentation it is posted here as an attachment in MS Word.
          This looks pretty cool (even though the post is kind of old). Since putting touch screens everywhere is out of my price range I was wondering if the RCS keypad app still works with the current version of Homeseer?

Comment

Working...
          X