Send Keystrokes from switch closure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Send Keystrokes from switch closure

I want to send a PC keystroke from a switch closure (for example on contact close, send Ctrl+O).

The PC does not have HS, so a HS solution won't work.

It looks like MODEL KE-USB36 USB Keyboard Encoder and Trackball Interface will work.

Wondering if anyone had other solutions, for example a Game Port hack.

Thanks
    DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
    BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Need circuit or relay to send single pulse

OK, I found the device to send a Windows keystroke from a switch closure.

More info on what I am doing Here

I am using a magnetic switch to send the switch closure and it works fine, except I am getting too many on pulses. I want a single keystroke.

I need a circuit or a relay to send a single one shot and then stay off for a delay of say 5 seconds.

The trigger will be contact closure from the magnetic switch.

Would something like the Elk Delay Timer work?

http://www.elkproducts.com/products/elk-960.htm

Thanks
    DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
    BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

It might be helpful to more fully expalin what you are trying to do. Keystrokes are usually sent to running applications, which must be the focus application inorder to receive the key stroke. Sendkeys can do this type of thing. With out knowing much more, you could open your keyboard and attach wires to both sides of the desired key and have these attached to the magnetic switch.
      Why I like my 2005 rio yellow Honda S2000 with the top down, and more!

Comment

Working...
      X