Best wireless router/hub to run home network on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best wireless router/hub to run home network on

I've been looking to add a wireless network to my home system but have read alot about the linksys routers locking up. What is the best way to add the ability to surf and manage HS from the deck?

-Rupp
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Looks like the NetGear is the way to go. I still am having problems with the LinkSys router and HS.

As suggested, if I use IP from within the LAN, the router does fine with the HS server.

Today, I tried calling the HS server from the WAN side using my office computer. After 1 or 2 screen refreshes the link locks up.

I am using the LinkSys Wireless DSL router. I loaded the latest firmware yesterday. Seems to be a definite problem with the LinkSys. It is bugging me- so I might convert to the NetGear and dump the LinkSys. BTW, I am using LinkSys at work and it is working rock solid to route the DSL/network.

Now for some real fun try using a CF-01 to control your automation system. I was walking arounf my neighborhood last night turning the lights on and off, volume up down while watching the current CD album cover on CDJ. The wireless is a blast!
    DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
    BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

check out http://www.airburnsfm.com/products/p...s-rg-1000.html

this is a great product with the best range.

i use one in my home and have no dropouts at all.

it is a little pricy but i think that in the end the better service is worth it

disclamer: i work for airburnsfm so im sending you to them (you can get it cheper on other sites but you get no tech support from them, check out the wireless jobs we have done, and if you need tech support we have it) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Found a reasonalbly priced unit on amazon the SMC Networks SMC7004AWBR Barricade Wireless Broadband Router. Has anyone had any experience with these units?

-Rupp

Comment

" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Cheaha(DR) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

I work with someone who did some extensive testing of 802.11b devices (both PC cards and Access Points). He found that most performed just fine. Orinoco (Lucent WaveLan) did seem to have a slight performance and range advantage over the others, but in the home I doubt you would ever see a difference.

That's what I know.

Doug [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Does the 11 mb standard provide enough throughput
              for wireless browsing....what is the range ?...and is the replacement 50 + mb close to being the new standard ?

As always you look to see what is replacing today
              and if the replacement has a cost benefit that is inline. (performance, availibility, cost, growth,...and so on)

I want to put in a wireless and a CF-01 ? and are scouting for the details. Any info is appreciated.

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
              HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.258

Comment

I've had one since the beginning of the year, and I've almost forgotten it's there since I never have to do anything to it! It's been rock solid.
                I also have a 2.4GHz phone system (Cybergenie) which sits about 2 feet away, and I rarely have interference between the 2.

Comment

Netgear currently has rebates $30.00 for the RT314, and $30.00 for the ME102. I suspect that most of the others also have rebates.
                  DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
                  BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Has anyone had any experience with dlink wireless gear?

-Rupp

Comment

I am using the SMC wireless hub kit. It is attached to a linksys cable modem router/8 port switch. Comes with the Hub and 2 pcmcia cards for laptops. Cost around 350 if I remember right. No problems. Range is very installation dependent. I can use it all over the house. I do not walk around outside with a laptop so range is a question. No apparrent problem on 2.4 gig phones

Comment

If you want to roll the dice a bit http://store.yahoo.com/justdeals/netsol.html has cards for $50 each that appear to be 802.11 compliant. The SBA wireless stuff is described in detail at the MFG site http://www.leartery.com, and the access point looks exactly like my SMC. The only other retailer I know for this brand is Tigerdirect, that's not a good sign, but it could be just rebranded SMC stuff, in that case its a great deal. If you decide to give it a shot let us know how it works out.
                        DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

What cards are people using in their notebooks/CF-01 to connect with the SMC Networks SMC7004AWBR Wireless Router?

Comment

I wanted to echo the question made several years ago with regards to wireless adapter for CF-01. I just got a Microsoft Wireless Notebook Adapter and Belkin Wireless Access Point today and already got 'em up and running with 128-bit encryption.

Now if I add a card to the CF-01, I can remove it from its "tether" and truly use it as a touchpad controller.
                            Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                            My Hardware & Software

Comment

I've been using all Linksys gears such as router, AP and 2 G cards. I've been accessing my HS web site from work all day long and so far I do not experience any problem.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X