Speech Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speech Problems

I have a very interesting issue that has developed over the last 2 or 3 days. If I have
    a call to speak from a script using the following command it will not speak and I get errors in the log.

hs.speak "Welcome to Home Sear as it controls the Gibson House.",True

Here is what the log showed when I rebooted this morning:

5/18/2005 8:03:29 AM~!~startup~!~Initializing voice recognition
    5/18/2005 8:03:29 AM~!~Error in Enable Voice~!~Method '~' of object '~' failed
    5/18/2005 8:03:29 AM~!~Error in Enable Voice~!~Method '~' of object '~' failed
    5/18/2005 8:03:32 AM~!~Audio Debug~!~Warning, speak error, resetting speech: Method '~' of object '~' failed

The speech had an issue initializing and I am using SAPI5 NeoVoices for speech.
    Funny thing is if I have speech line in an event they all work without a problem.

No additions have been made to the system to even point to a possible cause.
    I am using RDP for 3 AirPanels but the speech is set to leave at computer so it is not redirecting to the panels and I use VNC to manage the system since it is in the basement.

Any ideas?

The RDP is causing it, switch to VNC if you can.

http://board.homeseer.com/search.php?searchid=152635

~Bill

Comment

Try this. Shut down the RDP connections and see if the error goes away. If I'm using RDP from work I get these errors.

I wonder how everyone else is using the AirPanels and speech together?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

RDP is not the issue since the speech is not redirected. I have tested it both ways and if speech is on the Panels kill the HS speech. If speech is left at the Server then the TTS normally functions fine. This issue has only been going on for a few days and the panels have been in place for weeks.

I just also rebooted with the network removed (so the panels can't connect) and the same results exist.

Comment

Kevin,
          I agree it shouldn't cause this problem but it seems to randomly as your are experiencing. The last time it happened to me is when I remoted into my Hs server and had left the RDP session running at work. I always leave the speech at the HS server. Normally a shutdown and restart of HS seems to fix this problem for a few weeks.

Comment

I went back and moved all of the Airpanels to a hacked XP box so now there is no RDP at the server. I have rebooted and continue to get this error in the log.

5/19/2005 12:36:36 PM~!~Error in Enable Voice~!~Method '~' of object '~' failed

What else can I try. I have checked the TTS settings and they are using a specific device and not system default and I have contacted the Help desk who says it is RDP. There is no RDP now and I have also disabled the remote capabilty within 2003 server.

Comment

I sometimes get the error as well. Have never used nor installed RDP on my machine.

Comment

Have you tried switching voices to see if that clears up the message?

Comment

I have not tried that. I am using the NeoSpeech Paul voice and will switch it to Kate in a minute and retest.

Comment

Ok, I switched to Kate and the error still exists and I also get this error when the change occurs.

5/19/2005 1:43:14 PM~!~Audio Debug~!~Warning, speak error, resetting speech: Method '~' of object '~' failed

Comment

If you go to start > control panel > speech TTS tab does it work?

Comment

Yes but I get this message because I do not have a MIC, just HS Modem.

Can't Initilaize Volume Meter - Adjust Audio Input.

The voices always work, I just have this perisitent error now.

Comment

Working...
                        X