Detached Garage Problem..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Detached Garage Problem..

I have a detached garage approximately 40 feet from my house. There are two circuits running out to it, both underground, 1 15amp 115v and 1 30amp 220v.

When I initially setup motion sensors out there using an RR501 everything was working fine, I could receive signals from the garage alerting me if someone was there that shouldn't be.

Now in the past few days I haven't received any signals from the garage. I just did some testing by moving the RR501 to various outlets in the garage and HomeSeer is not able to poll the device. If I take it to the attached garage then I'm able to poll it just fine.

What would be the best solution for this situation? I believe the RR501 just doesn't have enough gumption to transmit into the house, but the house does have enough to transmit to it, as I can sit out there with my notebook and turn the RR501 on/off via HomeSeer.

Right now I only have motion sensors out there but eventually I'll be monitoring the 3 garage doors for open/close status.

I should also mention, I do have a phase bridge installed behind my dryer, so I don't believe that's the problem. And I've also recently installed the V572 whole house transceiver, which has greatly improved my Montion sensors in the house.

thanks..

Streaker you didn't say weather or not you have a coupler/repeater. If not this would definately help.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rupp:
      Streaker you didn't say weather or not you have a coupler/repeater. If not this would definately help. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have one of the phase couplers that's installed behind my dryer. I installed it after my system started to expand and some devices did not work. I don't believe that it's a repeater, just a coupler.

The detached garage is 40 feet from the house, but the underground cabling runs the full length of the house, plus the 40 feet, plus the length of the run inside the garage to the subpanel. I would say that it's probably close to 100-120feet of line between the main breaker panel and the subpanel in the detached garage.

If I were to need a repeater, would it be best to install it in the detached garage? I'm planning on ripping out all the wiring in the garage over the winter and replacing it with all new stuff, it's all about 30 years old, except for the underground runs. So if I do that, I would rather just install something that's hard wired into the system out there.

Comment

Working...
      X