HVAC Status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HVAC Status

I have 2 TX16B Thermostats in my house and an Ocelot with a SECU16. How can I dertermine when the upsatiars or downstairs AC is running. *Ultimately I want to be able to see when the units are ON as well as potentially store the on time to a DB so I can see how long per day they run based on temperatures. I am using 1 wire sensors for temp in these areas and am monitoring the attic temp as well. My overall plan is to compare attic temp to AC runtime.

Temp Sensors in HVAC ducts

Kevin

I have placed 1-wire sensors in the output ducts of my HVAC units and have a script that looks for a temp drop over a short period of time to tell me that the AC (or heating in the winter) has come on...

JC

Comment

Kevin,

I have a kit on my website http://www.hobby-boards.com/1wireboa...c_monitor.html that was designed just for this problem. I don't know of any software that directly supports it but it the software supports reading a DS2450 then it would work.

There is not much documentation on the site about how it works or how to hook it up so if you have any questions let me know.

Thanks,
      Eric

Comment

Working...
      X