Odd behavior with Powerlinc USB, Keypadlinc and A1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd behavior with Powerlinc USB, Keypadlinc and A1

Ok, this one has me a bit perplexed and I could use some ideas... I've had one of the CM11A interfaces for some time, and it finally died. Well I had a spare Powerlinc USB ready to go (non-memory unit). I put the unit on and at first everything looked good. However what I discovered was if I turn on the light (using a keypadlinc) assigned to A1, as soon as I hit the On button, the light turns off a second later. I was like "hmm, that's weird", so looked at the HS log, sure enough something fired A1 Off a second later. To eliminate variables (and *maybe* neighbor issues) I tried changing the address on the keypad linc. I change it, and the problem goes away, though I can't get the buttons to work as I want (not a big deal, but didn't pursue this avenue too far). Well that left the Keypadlinc acting odd on A1, HS and the Powerlinc. I shutdown HS, problem still happens. Options are limited now... so I unplug the Powerlinc, sure enough A1 works fine now. If HS triggers A1 on, it stays on, it's only the "On" button on the keypadlinc that doesn't work if the Powerlinc is plugged in. I'd change the address to something else, however this is the entry way and I use the keychain remotes to turn on A1.

I know it's not an HS issue, but could use some ideas... Thanks!

-Mike

I'm embarressed to say I figured it out... After I noticed events triggering by themselves at the same time everyday, I did some more checking. Turns out the spare Powerlinc controller I had IS the one with memory in it, I didn't realize that. Just wiped the memory in it, and now my lights work correctly...

-Mike

Comment

Man I wished you had posted this a few weeks ago. I kept getting A1 off transmitted twice a day and thought I had got an event wrong somewhere. I even did a clean install. I read your post and found the same problem, thought it was a boosterlinc.
      Glad you posted the answer
      Mike

Comment

Working...
      X