Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR for whole house

Hi guys,

I wonder what's the best way to handle whole house IR? Right now I have 3 separate rooms that I'd like to control both ways (receive and send to/from) as they have shared equipment.

Thanks,

Simon

Do you want Homeseer to be able to control stuff? What interface to HS are you thinking about.

I use an Ocelot and a SECU16IR to control 7 IR zones. In the rooms I have the Xantech Decora Wallplates that have dual emittors, power and IR in coming from them with the 290 IR reciever or the Xantech JBox reciever. I had to use the Smarthome 8175 IRLinc wired device to handle the voltage difference from SECU16IR(5 volts) to the Xantech (12 volts). I have a power mid in my automation enclosure with the IR in emittors glued to it. When an IR signal hits the 290 it transfers down the pair on the Cat 5 for the emittor on the automation side and the powermid blasts a sugnal so the Ocelot can see the IR and figure out what I want. The system works like a champ but it took a ton of research to put together and a bunch of questions both here and over at appdig.com.

Comment

I have a whole house IR system using components from here .... it has been extremely reliable for 3 years running.

--

Comment

I'm sorry guys I should be more specific about what I have:

I currently use Slinke and it's attached to the HS Server where the server is in the basement and the Slinke hardware is in my bedroom 2 floors up

Ultimately, I'd like Slinke to control up to 3 rooms (my own bedroom, family room and basement). So far I have the family room connected ONE WAY - send IR to family room but can't receive IR feedback to Slinke using a CAT5 cable. I'll need to do the same thing to the basement wiring closet to control the whole house receiver from HS using Slinke.

THis is not so bad but at the same time, I'd like to be able to feedback the IR from any rooms back to Slinke. This way, I can control any equipment from any rooms. I just don't know if this is possible and how complicate can it get?

Thanks,

Simon

Comment

Working...
        X