Which web browser do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which web browser do you use?

As there has been some discussion about the compatibility of HS.2 with other web browsers apart for Internet Explorer, I thought it would be interesting to find out what you are using to surf the web.
    Internet Explorer
    48.37%
    Mozilla/Firefox
    41.18%
    Netscape
    1.31%
    Opera
    3.27%
    Avant
    3.27%
    Safari
    1.31%
    Lynx
    0.00%
    Other
    1.31%
    Jon

Other: Maxthon www.maxthon.com

Comment

Guys there's no need to worry if you read this post:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=103882

Most companies develop with usage statistics in mind and these show the browser to develop toward. Firefox is catching on among the geeks like us but the general PC user has no clue how to change browsers.
      Attached Files
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Well jon00 posted this poll with the HS 2.0 web interface in mind. Since most HST customers are 'geeks', this poll would be more accurate than those stats. Besides 60% of statistics are made up anyways
        HSPRO 2.4 (ESXi 4.1) | my.Alert NEW | my.Trigger | HSTouch | ACRF2 | UltraM1G | BLWeather | BLLan | Rover
        (aka xplosiv)
        Do You Cocoon? Home Automation News, Tutorials, Reviews, Forums & Chat

Comment

I am forced to use IE at work and I prefer to use Mozilla Firefox at home but dont have any reason not to use IE. I just prefer the features of Firefox such as the Tabs and the Downloads untility. I don't like that some plugin are not available or do not work well with Mozilla but i think the other features and the fact that I dont get adware attaching to it outway the lack of plugins.

Besides do you really want to give HS another reason to delay the release of 2.0?

Comment

Originally posted by Electron
            Well jon00 posted this poll with the HS 2.0 web interface in mind. Since most HST customers are 'geeks', this poll would be more accurate than those stats. Besides 60% of statistics are made up anyways
            Exactly Electron, the poll was to see what Homeseer users are using not national/international statistics.

I have a personal interest as well in that a few people never seem to get past my home page when visiting my HS web server. Last week, I put in place a log to see what browser type people are using and see if this is the problem.

Results so far show 95% are IE but that could be biased as I do recommend IE to view my site.
            Jon

Comment

I use IE out of necessity. I can't make ultra view work with FireFox, otherwise IE would go to the trash can... (except that the microsoft update site only works with IE also... I wonder why?)

Comment

Ie

I tried Firefox but ran into many things that just didn't work or work right and gave up.

Had the same problem with their email product. Thunderbird I think the name was. Again, just too many things that didn't work right so back to Billy G.

Comment

Firefox here except for those few sites that just have to have IE and I tell other people to do the same. I've actually switched a few offices that I take care of over to Firefox too and, with the exception of people who just have to have weather bug/bonzi buddy type things, they've had their adware problems virtually disappear. Also, I haven't had anything other than cookies show up in Adaware or Spybot scans in the past year or so since I switched.

Comment

I find a website incompatible with FireFox (Netscape) about once a month.
                    Very rare.

There are others that I know are IE-hard-coded, but fortunately, I'm able to ignore them without impact.

"WITHOUT COMPETITION THERE IS NO EXCELLENCE"

Comment

I've switched over to Firefox both at home and at work. Unfortunately we still have some IE only apps at work (I have no influence over our software development or that would NOT be the case). But the "open in IE" plug-in for Firefox helps with that. Based on the current survey results Firefox users are more than 50%. This means that if HST has chosen an IE only path, they are going to alienate half of their user base. Not a good business move...

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by bdickhaus
                        Based on the current survey results Firefox users are more than 50%.
                        Bill
                        Bill,
                        Where are you getting your statistics? Here are a few and none show a 50% usage not even close. I would love to use FF at work but where I work they require all development on IE.

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp
                        http://www.upsdell.com/BrowserNews/stat.htm
                        http://www.cen.uiuc.edu/bstats/latest.html

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp
                          Bill,
                          Where are you getting your statistics?
                          look up

Comment

Originally posted by bwally
                            look up
                            Oh those

I would expect geeks like us to be using FireFox though.

Comment

A poll of for-real-non-geek PC users, asking:

Do you use Internet Explorer as your web browser?
                              and
                              What company makes Internet Explorer?

Would, I expect, yield "I don't know" as the popular response.

Comment

Working...
                              X