Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any way to send/receive on Firecracker and MR26A?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any way to send/receive on Firecracker and MR26A?

Ok, here's my situation. I have firecracker device attached to my one serial port on my PC, and a MR26A plugged into the back of that. I have HS set up so that it wakes my monitor when the motion detector above the office door goes off.

That works fine as long as I have the following setup in "options/interfaces" tab: MR26A set to COM1 and the "X10 CM17A-Firecracker" set to "search for CM11a".

But the problem with that setup is that I cannot use either devices to send X10 commands.

But when I have the X10 firecracker set to use Com 1 and the MR26A set to use Com1 as well, I cannot get the MR26a to "hear" commands, or execute the monitor wake up script.

I know there is something elementary that i am not grasping here, or maybe I simply cannot have it both ways with my existing hardware?

Currently you can not use both at the same time. Why are you using the firecracker to send commands when you have a 2 way CM11A?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The Homeseer architecute for X10 interface supports only one interface. My x10 interface is my xap plugin that does two things for me. One is to pass through the X10 interface procesing to another X10 plugin. The second is to put the X10 inteface onto the LAN as an xAP-X10 schema message. The firecracker, cm11a, MR26A, W800, CM19A xAP nodes all recognize the X10 schema. The firecracker, CM11A, and CM19A will simultaneoulsy receive X10 commands and act upon them. The MR26A, W800, and CM19A will end xap-x10 schema for any RF they hear. The CM11A will also do the same for any powerline X10 it hears. The xap environment provides for distributed processing and in this case provides a way for multiple X10 interfaces to be used with Homeseer's direct support of only one.

Comment

Jim Doolittle has a plug-in piece that will let you use the Firecracker at the same time you use the CM11A or another interface. The only suuport for this via this piece is to run the item via a script. I use this to fire off my Rain8WL sprinkler device and it works great.

YOu will find this here http://www.doosoft.com/downloads.php

look for DooCM17A

Comment

Rupp,

From his post I don't think he has a CM11a.
          I have firecracker device attached to my one serial port on my PC, and a MR26A plugged into the back of that.
          Visit My Home Seer Site at:
          www.JohnWPB.com
          Created with LCARS

Comment

John,
            Your correct. I misread the thread as I flew through it. I saw where he mentioned the CM11A and assumed without close reading that he had one.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

[QUOTE=kevingib]Jim Doolittle has a plug-in piece that will let you use the Firecracker at the same time you use the CM11A or another interface. The only suuport for this via this piece is to run the item via a script. I use this to fire off my Rain8WL sprinkler device and it works great.

Hey Kevin,

Thanks for the pointer! Sounds like just the trick. On the scripting thing you mentioned, are you saying that with this plug-in I will be able to send AND receive commands via the Firecracker and a MR26a (as someone rightly pointed out earlier, I do not have a CM11A.) So, you're saying I can still have the machine receive commands (wake up the monitor) and will be able to send X10 commands via the Firecracker, but only through scripts? Can you be more specific about the scripting stuff?

The other question I have is does this plug-in solve the problem that I only have one serial port? Obviously, the Firecracker allows you to plug in the MR26A to the back of it, but can they both be set to use the same com port?

Tx

Comment

Here is the syntax for the DooCm17 plugin scripts.

sub main()
                hs.GetPlugins("DooCM17A").ExecX10 "F7", "On"
                end sub

The F7 is the code and the command is "On" in this case. The HS documentation has everything about the ExecX10 commands.

With the plugin the firecracker will be able to send commands just like it was the interface in HS but only if you use the script format above and call the script in your event.
                I really only use this for 2 devices out of my 200 something devices but these devices are both wireless only and the only way to talk with them is via a palm pad or the firecracker.

Comment

I'm pretty certain that Jim's plugin dedicates a port to the CM17A. When I was first playing with the CM17A and CM11A hardware level interface I did have both on the same port, but I went in a different direction with the xAP implementations.

Comment

It may dedicate the port to the device but originally I piggy backed the connection to my RAIN8 from it and can read and write to the sprinkler device thru it. I have since added the EdgePort 8 to my mix and now have plenty of comm ports to go around.

Comment

The Rain8's only use the control lines for power during programming. The Firecracker uses two of the discrete control lines. The CM11A's only control line that may come into play is Ring and it is not required. This means that the firecracker and other devices are physically compatible.

Most of the folks roaming this board use the Windows Comm control either directly or via Homeseer scripting methods. One of these controls will claim the two data lines and all the control lines. This means that if the Windows Comm control is going to be used as the means to get access the hardware then the application that uses the selected port will need to have the logic to drive both the CM11A and CM17A. It may be the case that Jim's implementation does not use this control. In that case there will not be a port conflict, but I suspect that this is not the case.

Comment

Working...
                      X