Can I voice control HS via Pocket PC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I voice control HS via Pocket PC?

I do not yet own HS, but I have been reading the boards for a while to see what it can do. I searched the board but did not see the answer so I thought I'd start a thread.

I have a 6 zone 4 source whole house audio system (Nuvo) with an RS232 connection. I mainly play my mp3s through the system and I own a Dell Axim Pocket PC that I can use as a remote to control the PC using NetRemote or Rudeo Control.

Now I want to be able to give HS voice commands through the PPC (rather than to the home PC) to control my audio system. So I can speak into the PPC: "Play Rolling Stones on the Patio". Or I could trigger a script by saying "Party Time" and the lights go to presets, the music comes on all over the house and the fireplace starts.

The question is, can I give voice commands through a pocket pc to control HS?

Other can probably give much better anwer on this (as I'm really new to HS) but here is what I've gathered. I don't think this can be done in the current version (it only supports voice control on local HS computer), but from what I gather this will be one of the best changes with HS2.0 (beta coming any day now?). In HS2.0 I think your supposed to be able to use voice control from any PC on the network. Since Pocket PC is just another network device, I'd guess this wouldn't be an issue. So it certainly should be doable. Now if there is a special client piece for this (probably is), I'm not sure if it will run on Pocket PC or not, but it should be pretty easy to create this if it isn't by default.

Comment

thanks for the reply. i'll post a thread over in the HS 2.0 board and see if anyone knows this will be a feature in 2.0

Comment

Working...
      X