• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KLS
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Rupp
    allocate

verb {T}

to give something to someone as their share of a total amount, for them to use in a particular way:

Ok, now use the word in a sentence!

Leave a comment:

• Tim Hurley
    Guest replied
    Water Billing

My bill increase as I exceed the amount alloted. I pay $X/1000 gallons as long as I stay under the allotment. After I exceed that, the 2nd tier is $1.05X/1000 gallons. There are 3rd and Yth tiers. I haven't felt their penalty above 3rd. I wrote this to try to stay within the 1st tier and I figured that they have a fair idea of how much water is needed to keep grass green in Denver.

Leave a comment:

• Stevech
    replied
    "based on the amount of water my water district has allocated to me"

I guess I had better take a closer look at my water bill - like the price goes up if you exceed an allocated volume per billing period?

Leave a comment:

• Tim Hurley
    Guest replied
    Free Dynamic Sprinkler Script

Here is the source. I will answer any questions that someone may have on it. I apologize up front for any poor programming techniques (use of globals, no call by ref). I haven't seriously looked at VBScript.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    allocate

verb {T}

to give something to someone as their share of a total amount, for them to use in a particular way:

Leave a comment:

• Stevech
    replied
    "allocated" ? ? ?

Leave a comment:

• Beardog
    Guest replied
    me too

sounds like a good application, i'd like to give it a try

Leave a comment:

• lpitman
    replied
    Application

Tim, I would be interested in trying your application.

Larry.

Leave a comment:

• Tim Hurley
    Guest started a topic Sprinkler Control Application

Sprinkler Control Application

I wrote a sprinkler control application that dynamically allocates water based on the amount of water my water district has allocated to me. To prevent run off, it cycles through all zones at 10 minute (max) intervals. If anyone would like a copy, please email me or I can attach it if there is enough interest.
Working...
X