Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Rick (Rick Bisschop that is),

From your last name and other post it looks like you come from Europe (the Netherlands in fact), which probably means you use Marmitek switches. Please keep in mind that the Marmitek plug in modules can only go up to 100% and than dim back to the required level (unles you turn them off by dimming them to 0%). The in-wall switches can be dimmed directly to the required level, without going to 100% first.

Regards,

Richard

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    If you can't get to it it's probably no longer available because when HS changed BB many of the old scripts didn't make it over to this one. Post the link and I'll see what happens from here.

Leave a comment:

• bcf2
    Guest replied
    getting a script

i found the script i want in the arcives.. (yahoo im status).
    how do i get my hands on it..thanks

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    The start at 0% and dimming to 50% only works on the more expensive switches. The cheaper X10 switches have to go to 100% first and then dim to 50. One work around is instead of turning them off is to dim them to zero and then issue the dim to 50% and they will go from what appears to be off to 50%.

Leave a comment:

• Raincheck
    Guest replied
    Command device

Hi,

Thanx for the tip, tried to set my light: first create an event (remote switch on) then added a command (with the command device) bright to 50%. I works but it is reversed. It starts bright and dimms then to 50%. How can start it dimmed and then to 50%. Tried a few other commands but all with the same result.

Rick
    Last edited by ; June 6, 2005, 01:49 PM. Reason: Added text

Leave a comment:

• Raincheck
    Guest replied
    Oeps Sorry for that... will keep it in mind

Oeps Sorry for that... will keep it in mind

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    RainCheck,
    Posting 5 or 6 questions all over the BB isn't a good way to get started on any BB. One post is enough. Have a look at the scripting section of the HS help file. There are plenty of examples there that should get you started.

http://www.homeseer.com/support/homeseer/WebHelp/scripting/homeseer_scripting_interface_(function_quick_reference).htm

Leave a comment:

• JeffCharger
    replied
    Hi Rick, one posting will probably be sufficient to get the response you're after.....

If you look in the "Help" dropdown within HomeSeer it has a good section on scripting, including all of the available commands.

You can accomplish what you're after without scripting though.

Create an event to turn the light ON, and in the device tab of the event, drag the device you want to control to the bottom window, doubleclick it, and then you can edit "what" you want to do (e.g. dim to 10%). Drag as many as you like down with an increasing %, put a delay of x seconds to control how long to wait 'til executing, and voila!

Leave a comment:

• Raincheck
    Guest started a topic Scripting

Scripting

Hi,

Is there documentation available for scripting in HS
    I am looking for all the syntaxes I can use in HS scripting or tutorial/examples

Need to create a script that remembers the last settings of a dimmed lamp and when switched on it must slowly go from 0% to the last dimmed *%. And when switched of from *% slowly to 0%.

A list of all the used commands in HS scripting would be great.

Regards,
    Rick Bisschop
Working...
X