Voice Recognition Starup Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voice Recognition Starup Error

I'm not sure where to post this thread since I'm betting it'll resolve to a simple answer if seen by the right people. During startup of HomeSeerer (latest beta version), I'm getting a message from what I think is the voice recognition engine. Dismissing the error seems to make everything okay, but since I'm not using the Voice Recognition engine (yet), I don't know root cause of the following log entries:

6/5/2005 1:47:06 PM~!~Error~!~Setting recognition engine: Method '~' of object '~' failed

6/5/2005 1:47:06 PM~!~Error~!~Voice recognition was detected as damaged, but has been repaired

6/5/2005 7:32:04 PM~!~Error~!~Setting recognition engine: Method '~' of object '~' failed

6/5/2005 7:32:04 PM~!~Error~!~Voice recognition was detected as damaged, but has been repaired

I would appreciate any guidance on what I need to do to eliminate the above messages (along with the error) that's sent to the user interface during the startup process.

Thanks in advance.

First try to go to Windows Control Panel / Add/Remove Programs. Select HomeSeer, select Repair. Afterwards reboot and try looking at your log again.

~Bill

Comment

Voice Recognition Engine Starup

Thanks, That did the trick. The problem is gone. Only thing in the log that I notice now that I don't understand (which is new after fix you suggested) is:

6/7/2005 8:11:57 PM~!~Update Notification~!~HomeSeer Phone 2.0 provided by HomeSeer Tech which is a Update has a new version 2.0.0.115 that can be installed. You currently have version 2.0.0.186
      6/7/2005 8:11:58 PM~!~Update Notification~!~HomeSeer Phone 2.0 Help Systems provided by HomeSeer Tech which is a Other has a new version 2.0.0.167 that can be installed. You currently have version (Unknown)
      6/7/2005 8:11:58 PM~!~Update Notification~!~Daily Comics provided by Jeff Farmer which is a Script has a new version 1.0.3 that can be installed. You currently have version (Unknown)
      6/7/2005 8:11:58 PM~!~Update Notification~!~DVD Collection provided by Joe Hebert/Don Huggins/Tom Caldwell/Jeff Farmer which is a Script has a new version 2.1.0 that can be installed. You currently have version (Unknown)
      6/7/2005 8:11:58 PM~!~Update Notification~!~HS Links Editor provided by Jeff Farmer which is a Script has a new version 1.0.0.1 that can be installed. You currently have version (Unknown)
      6/7/2005 8:11:58 PM~!~Update Notification~!~Include Scripts provided by Jeff Farmer which is a Script has a new version 1.1.0.6 that can be installed. You currently have version (Unknown)
      6/7/2005 8:11:58 PM~!~Update Notification~!~IR Control from irlbl.cfg provided by Jeff Farmer which is a Script has a new version 1.1.0 that can be installed. You currently have version (Unknown)
      6/7/2005 8:11:58 PM~!~Update Notification~!~Movies provided by Michael McSharry which is a Script has a new version 4.1.4 that can be installed. You currently have version (Unknown)
      6/7/2005 8:11:58 PM~!~Update Notification~!~Remote Control provided by Jeff Farmer which is a Script has a new version 1.0.0 that can be installed. You currently have version (Unknown)
      6/7/2005 8:11:58 PM~!~Update Notification~!~Shopping list script provided by HomeSeer Tech which is a Script has a new version 1.1.0.0 that can be installed. You currently have version 1.0.0.0
      6/7/2005 8:11:58 PM~!~Update Notification~!~Updater Web Page provided by Jeff Farmer which is a Script has a new version 1.0.0.1 that can be installed. You currently have version (Unknown)
      6/7/2005 8:11:58 PM~!~Update Notification~!~Updates Status Web Page provided by A.J. Gyomber which is a Plugin has a new version 1.0.0.1 that can be installed. You currently have version N/A
      6/7/2005 8:11:58 PM~!~Update Notification~!~US Weather Warnings provided by Tom Caldwell which is a Script has a new version 1.0.1 that can be installed. You currently have version (Unknown)
      6/7/2005 8:11:58 PM~!~Update Notification~!~Voice mail web page provided by HomeSeer Tech which is a Script has a new version 1.0.0.1 that can be installed. You currently have version (Unknown)
      6/7/2005 8:11:58 PM~!~Update Notification~!~WeatherXML provided by Jeff Farmer which is a Script has a new version 1.0.13 that can be installed. You currently have version (Unknown)

None of these plugins changed from before I did the repair. They were all at the most recent level as far as I recall. I was not getting any of the above messages which are particularly perplexing given that none of them recognize the current version of the various plugs that are installed. (i.e. "Your currently have version (Unknown)"). ANy suggestions on this? It's just any annoyance as I see no problem except the erroneious messages.

Thanks again,

Comment

Don't have a solution other than disabling the update checks. Go through the updates wizard in HS by selecting Help / Updates / press the Next button and uncheck the boxes.

~Bill

Comment

thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X