Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

motion sensor location

Hi,
    I put a motion sensor into my bathroom, so it turn the lights on.
    At first I found that if you sitting, it want detect you. So, I moved that thing to another place. Then it detected people who would just walk near it if the door is open, so I moved it again. So, the problem I have now - if you are in the bathtub, and curatain is closed, it not find you and turn of the lights.
    I think I would have to either put this thing on a ceiling, or add one more motion detector.
    Any suggestions here?

Just wondering - who has motion detectors in some "unusual" places?

I use one in the bathroom and the easiest solution is to simply set the duration of the light on to a longer period of time. I use 20 minutes and it works perfectly. If the kids are in the shower longer than 20 minutes it turns the light off on them.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Motion detection with the fairly cheap X10 sensors is an art. In the bathroom I have 1 about 4 ft up on the wall next to the mirror. Also have one in the shower/bathtub area that will only see you if you're in the shower. That one activates both the light and the exhause fan. Remember that a motion sensor looks straight out and down. I use a 10 min or so occupancy time but if you get into some heavy reading you still have to wave the hands sometimes. Solution to this is hardwired motion sensors that are of a higher quality or floor joist sensors that detect weight on the floor.
      HS3 Prod - Win10 - DSC - HVAC-GC-TBZ48 x3 - CurrentCost - BLRadar - RFXCOM/FRXTRX433 -ADIO - HSTOUCH - BLUPS - AB8SS - SONOS - Alexa - 1 wire - BlueIris -MyQ

Comment

Dual_Motion.txt

I just happened to be surfing for Homeseer stuff and came across this old site that has a dual motion detector script that might be of use here. Its OLD, I have not tested it, nor have a looked to see if it is also posted here, but it is from CFGuy from about 4 years ago.

http://www.homeautomationforum.com/d...erscripts.html

Look for dual_motion.txt

Comment

Working...
        X