Trigger HS via software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trigger HS via software

Is there an existing event or plug in that will allow me to trigger an event from a software program running on the same PC as HS?

thanks

Are you wanting the "other" software to trigger an event "in" HomeSeer? If so you would have to instantiate an instance of HS in the "other" app.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks for your quick response.

I am not sure what you are saying so let me give you more background. I would like to press a "hot key" on my keyboard that I can program it with any executable I want (ie. word, ie, other). I was hoping to use this "hot key" to trigger an event with HS that would then send appropriate IR commands to the equipment to turn on the monitor and switch to viewing the PC input vs. TV. I would create my own VB EXE that did something or a batch file if necessary.

Is this possible without creating my own plugin?

Comment

It sure is assuming HS is on that machine. All you need to do is create a reference to the Hs object in your VB app and then you will have access to all the the exposed HS interfaces.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Don't forget you could also use the hsc.exe command line capability of Homeseer as well as use MainLobby keyboard controllable user interface with the MLHSPlugin to interface with Homeseer as the deluxe solution.

Comment

Working...
          X