Crestron controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crestron controller

I have just acquired and set up a Crestron controller for some home cinema equipment.

Does anyone know how I can easily get HS to talk to it?

I can interface with a serial port, and program the Crestron to receive known strings (such as "lights on") and then do the right thing. BUT how do I get HS to output the RS232 string if someone clicks the ON button on the Web page - indeed, what sort of device do I need to set up?

Simon

Simon,
    Using a web based asp page you can use the same hs.sendtocomport as you do in a script.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp

I want to use the standard web page for all my hs devices, with their nice on and off buttons.

I can't use your neat trick for those can I?

Simon

Comment

Not easily. You probably could use the deviceValueAdd function to add buttons to the default page but it would be a lot easier to create a separate asp page.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I might be reduced to it!

the aternative is to wire in a Leopard, which I might anyway need, and to use it to switch some relays which the Crestron can read.

Or even, crazy idea which just occurs to me, set up virtual devices to appear to be the Crestron devices, and then have an event which fires whenever one of them is activated on/off and send the corresponding comport as you suggest.....

Comment

Working...
          X